Draw Detail Lines of Core Wall from Complex Walls from Linked Model

I’m trying to draw detail lines of the core wall from complex walls. I’ve tried multiple iterations and either the lines don’t show up in the right spot or there are excess lines drawn. Here’s where I last left off. I feel like this path is the way to go, but I’m not sure where to go from here. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Here are the threads I referenced:

Hey
Check out this. I hope this will help you

use archilab package for getdocuments
clockwork package for element.location+
steamnodes package for element.getfromlinkedfile

Hi @clooz8,

Use the Wall CompoundStructureLayersLocation node.

1 Like

Hello @Alban_de_Chasteigner,

Thanks for the reply! I’ve wanted to use the Genius Loci package, but it keeps crashing Dynamo. My firm is working on Dynamo 2.0.2 and I’ve tried running Genius Loci 2019.6.10 since that was the last compatible package with 2.0.2.

Sorry for the disagreement. It’s a bug with Dynamo 2.0 and Dynamo 2.02 that loads the .dll badly.

This issue is solved by the use of Dynamo 2.03. (https://dynamobuilds.com/)

If you stay with Dynamo 2.02, the shut down doesn’t prevent the correct installation of the package.
After a reboot of Revit, the package should be installed correctly.

I think I’ll have to look at updating to 2.0.3. The package doesn’t appear to be installing correctly. I also recall the time when the package installed correctly, it still crashed the scripts.

Thanks for the reply! This one model I’m testing has a complex walls so I end up with results like the screenshot below. The script @Alban_de_Chasteigner mentioned looks promising. I just need to discuss with my company’s IT about upgrading to Dynamo 2.0.3. If any other ideas come to mind, let me know!

I found a workaround until my IT can rollout 2.0.3 across my firm. It requires opening Dynamo Player first and then, opening the script from there.