Draw detail line under text

Hi all,
Just trying to do a red underline with black text. However, it won’t work in Revit. Is it possible to use dyanmo to select multiple text and draw a red detail line under each text?

Thanks in advance.

@tws ,

there are two problems for me get the line type and the correct units…
2022-10-06_13h19_40

1 Like

Probably with a bounding box could be a way :wink:

Revit_TbQw906PSh

1 Like

Thank you for all yours’s reply. But the Element.Boundingbox is failed in my dyn.

Hello…strange have you tried restart

Yes, I have tried serval times.
May I know the version of Revit you are using.

I use 2022 In that case which version are you on

@tws ,

i tested… it works

2 Likes

I decided to check on it myselfs and I seem to be having a similar problem.
Here is a comparison between obtaining the bounding box of a text note via the OOTB node, vs getting it with a python node. The OOTB doesn’t work for me:

2 Likes

Very Strange which version are you In @viktor_kuzev

That was in 2021.
I just checked 2022 and it works normally there - no such issue

1 Like

Allright Nice to know…havent test on 21

@sovitek I just checked 2020 - and there I get the exact same error message as OP.
Really weird, since there is no reason for that - the python node works in both 2020 and 2021 and it isn’t doing anything special.

Yes indeed really weird…hmmmm :wink:

@sovitek @tws , you can use the Annotion Boundingbox node from Genius Loci for that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @jw.vanasselt but still strange the ootb node doesnt work in 2021 for textnodes

@sovitek , I think that it wasn’t possible in the API till 2022 :slight_smile:

It is very much possible, at least in 2021 and 2020 where I tested it with my python node

That is what I used and works in 20,21,22
and this is the element.boundingbox node of Dynamo core 2.6.2 which is the core I have in Revit 2021:

It is doing the same thing, but it first tries to pass a null in the get_BoundingBox, which works for non view specific elements (model elements).
So I still can’t figure why the ootb node doesn’t work

3 Likes

I have tried to run it in 2021. The element.boundingbox node is still not work. @viktor_kuzev’s script works for me. Thank you all of you.