Door width Points

Hello, I would be very appreciated if someone can help me with this, my question is how to get the two points of the door edge to be seen over the Room finish boundary, what I tried to do is to find the door location point and add or subtract the half-width to the x coordinate point but I am not sure if its the right thing to do

the red points are the result that I am trying to get

Try this:

After you get the points you will have to elminate the ones on the top, remove items on list can work.
(Sorry about the screenshots, not my best work)

2 Likes

Thank you so much that exactly what I looked for, I used remove item but the line from the extrude curve sill there, is this what you meant to do to remove the extruded curve? , if it’s okay I have another question to ask to give me guidelines, I am trying to have the start point to be starting from the right point beside the door clockwise for the multiple rooms?Final

For the first question, you just need to right click on Curve.Extrude and untick Preview. Also, take into account that geometry visible in Dynamo is not baked into Revit, so you can just ignore it and take from the nodes the elements you want.
Regarding the second one, can you show us some diagrams or explain what you want to achieve? It is a bit tricky if the door changes position or the room has more than one door, no easy way to sort points by a coordinate component if there is no scope to reduce variables.

you are right, about the position epically when it’s from upperside or downside but I am trying to make simple and consider they all have one door, but when I was trying sorting points I found that there are duplicated point in the list in one position and another thing the line has a cut in another room (sorry for the many questions because I am still beginner in dynamo )
1 2

14.07.2019.dyn (30.4 KB)

About the points you need to filter them, just work with the ones you need. The other point in the room…I’ll have to check it.
Also, what is the end result you are trying to achieve? Just to know if there is an easier way to get to where you want.