Direct Shape Materials in v1.0

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else is having problems with the materials applied using the Direct Shape node? It was working perfectly in v.9. It’s not giving me an error but I don’t see a material on the direct shape object in Revit. Seems like normals are flipped or something. The object appear grey on one side and clear from the other. The material is set to green colour.

Hi Jay,

why not drop the Direct shape altogether and try the FamilyInstance.ByGeometry from Spring nodes instead. Then you can assign material as well. Also clean geometry in Revit.

Thanks. When I search for ‘Spring’ I don’t get anything. Maybe it’s not made for V1 yet? Even if that did work better I wonder what changed between v9 and v1 that would cause the Direct Shape node to stop working?

You need to install the custom package first.

The color is controlled by the material you have assigned (REFPLANES is probably green).

The default color doesn’t seem to have changed. Didn’t have any graphic issues either.

Thank you both.

Vikram, when I run my script from v.9 the colour of the material is correctly applied(green), but when I run from Dynamo v1 the material colour does not apply (grey). In your graph you have not connected Material. Does it apply the material and colour apply for you when you connect it?

Kulkul, when I search for ‘spring’ as you showed my Dynamo shows ‘no results’. Seems like this might be a separate issue.

I was finally able to connect to the server and download Springnodes. I can’t seem to get it to make an object in Revit based on a surface. All I’m trying to do is make an object based on the ref plane so I can see it in 3D. It was working with Direct Shape in v.9 just fine.