Dictionary node to appear in Dynamo Player as an output

Hi guys,

Is there any possible way to output a Dictionary.ByKeysValues node to the Dynamo Player interface?

Thanks.

You can connect the output from the Dictionary.ByKeyValues node to a Watch node and mark that “AsOutput”. This should display the Output from the Dictionary.ByKeyValues* node in the Player

@Joelmick that won’t work, the output will be: DesignScript.Builtin.Dictionary

Aah I see… How is you dictionary Structured? Maybe you can Parse your Dictionary to a List?

1 Like

I want a Dictionary, not a list, in my case I have a list of lists, what I want is to replace the lists with a value.
Hopefully, the developers will sort it out in the next builds @jacob.small @solamour

Why? Once it is output to the watch node you don’t need to do anything with it.

Using the Dictionary I can replace the sublist: " 0 List " and " 1 List " with a value, as in a Title and a Body, and preserving the structure of the required list.

Insert a string at index N in the list (right before each sub-list). Or even add many watch node outputs if you have a consistent count and format. Alternatively the Datashapes package may support dictionaries in watch nodes, which would likely be the simplest solution.

I get the desire as it seems like it should be there and feel simple enough, but it is a feature I think development would have to push out via a Revit, Civil 3D, and Alias update which means there will be some time before it gets out, and you will need a viable solution in the interim.

To formally request the feature, please log an issue for it on the Dynamo wishlist here: GitHub - DynamoDS/DynamoWishlist: This is a repository for all wishlist items for Dynamo Core.

2 Likes