Data-Shapes Conditional Input Node

I’m having trouble getting the Conditional Input node from the Data-shapes package to work. I can’t get the radio buttons to be preselected. Also regardless what radio button is selected the outputs are returned for each of the inputs with no indication of what button was selected.

Ideally only one output would be generated along with which radio button was selected

1 Like

Are you trying to set radio buttons for whether the user gets a slider or text input? I would set that up as two separate InputForms. The radio buttons would return an index 0 or 1 and then you could use that index to get the correct option for the next InputForm.

1 Like

This was just an example. Its just that this node doesn’t seem to have any real effect. In my actual script I’m already doing this I just don’t want to keep sending users to a new dialog each time they make a selection. I also want to be able to utilize a few of these on a single dialog so the end user can make several selections at one time

I know this is old, but probably you need an integer as default index…not 0.000

regards

gio

Hi @randy.sallwasser it may work like below snipped. As I was also looking for the same option and I find @Nick_Boyts suggestion as useful as a tip to get conditionalInput data.

It works on radiobutton inputs.

The script goes like this.

Is there a way to have 3 options, but only have 2 input groups. so 1st option is input #1, then 2nd and 3rd options is input #2? Options 2 and 3 can ideally use the same ListView Data. This cleans up the box rather than having 2 of the exact same ListView Data selection.

Hello,
A line of thought (to see…)

Cordially
christian.stan

This definitely lead me down the right path and works even better than my original idea. Thank you for the help!

1 Like

Why am I not getting both inputs to show up. I want the textbox and the pulldown to show up, but its not working.

Passing through a dictionary
like this

Cordially
christian.stan

1 Like

Thank you so much! This worked perfect.

1 Like