Custom nodes management

Hello,
I am bit lost on how to manage my custom nodes.
I have a package published, but I cannot understand what the best practices are to manage it.

1. How do you edit (modify) a node in a package? Do you edit it on your local copy, then “Preferences”>“Package Manager”>“Publish Version”>“Add File”? This seems to be creating duplicates. Do I delete the old node from the package list first?
  2. When I insert a node from my package on the graph and edit it, is it edited locally, or on the cloud/published package as well?
  3. When I do this, the node graph gets the name of the overall graph, as already discussed. Do you simply save-as the correct name?
  4. How do I add a node to my package? Simply “Add File” in the manager making sure the name is unique?
  5. The package is saved in the Root directory: can we edit / delete / add nodes in this folder?
  6. is using a custom path for nodes going to conflict with published packages nodes? Like duplications? (I am taking this path away, too many variables, I need to simplify my process)

I was removing and reloading my package (don’t ask), and now this is where I am at:

Finally, when I add a bunch of nodes, using item #1, the whole Revit crashes and quit with a report number…

Thank you guys, and thank God for these forums…

Regards

so, I try to delete my one node showing in the package, and I get this:

and then this:

Basically, I am incapacitated to do anything with my package, in this new version of Dynamo.
Should I go back to simply add a path to Dynamo?

thanks

hmm… Too broad of a question?