Creating Custom Nodes

Hello, I want to create some custom nodes and have them sync or copy (manually if need be) across more than one machine. I’ve been looking into custom node creation and that’s simple enough but what I am wanting to do is create a heading in the dynamo library with my nodes in it, so they are all in one place.

This is purely because of how I want it too look. I guess this is like creating a package, but a local one. Am I able to create a ‘package’ through dynamo save it and add it to Dynamo on another machine? I’ve created a few custom nodes but the ‘publish nodes’ option under Packages in Dynamo is greyed out. I can’t seem to find any information (at least that makes sense to me…) on the internet.

Any help appreciated!!
Cheers

If it’s just about the node categorization in the node browser, you don’t need to create a package for that. Just edit the node description (available in the context menu when right-clicking) and type in your own custom category name. Regarding distribution on multiple machines, there is currently no easy way to do this, but if you’re looking at a large number of machines you might want to read through this: http://whatrevitwants.blogspot.de/2015/06/keeping-custom-dynamo-nodes-in-sync.html

Thanks Andreas that is what I mean, I didn’t know that you could type in that box.

Because custom nodes are saved to your PC can you then copy those files to another computer? Or is in not that simple? Say if I want the same custom nodes at work as I do at home.

Yes, you can just copy them to another machine. For larger scale deployment have a look at the link I posted.