Curve form

Dear Sir/Madam,
I would wish to make a form as the attached JPG, would dynamo/revit able to help? Currently, I am my workstation has Autodesk 2016 and Dynamo 1.2. Your assistance in this is very much appreciated.

Warmest regards,
Mee Yan

Show us some work please. This is a help forum to ask for help with things that you cannot figure out on your own, but actually tried. Read this how to ask help on forum.

1 Like

Hi Kulkul,

Please see the attached image for the revit model done using mass.

I am unable to covert to curtain wall, on the mass roof/wall.

Any advice?

Thanks.
Mee Yan

This is an interesting form to work with.

In short, be more specific about your goal and upload a half-done dynamo script file. Please.

?Hi yyi

I am not familiar with dynamo.

The shape was shaped using mass. Any similar you tube reference for this task, that you can point me to?

Thanks.

Frankly if you are not intend to use dynamo to solve it, this is NOT the forum for you as I understand.

But to help, I can tell that the form is quite complex because

1. the smooth/abrupt bifurcation in the middle suggests different patches;
  2. bottom left has a shape end, bottom right looks like a wrap - different modeling technology;
  3. the profile is wavy so rationalization is another challenge.

Therefore, I think you might need to look at the rhino-to-revit workflow(just google it) and NURBS modelling for the surface form.

Revit’s mass should be the container where you import the form from external modeling software. I am sure that you can, however, model this form in mass environment from scratch – but that really hurts.

1 Like

Hi yyi,

I have dynamo plug in, basically i needed a workflow example to refer.

Do you mean that I should use rhino to build the basic, and export to revit. I seen that tutorial before.

Huh, this means that I should learn rhino??

Thanks.
mee yan

What you all think of this tutorial? seem to be similar to what I am doing…

?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3B8josP9dM