Curve form

Dear Sir/Madam,
I would wish to make a form as the attached JPG, would dynamo/revit able to help? Currently, I am my workstation has Autodesk 2016 and Dynamo 1.2. Your assistance in this is very much appreciated.

Warmest regards,
Mee Yan

0 Likes

Show us some work please. This is a help forum to ask for help with things that you cannot figure out on your own, but actually tried. Read this how to ask help on forum.

1 Like

Hi Kulkul,

Please see the attached image for the revit model done using mass.

I am unable to covert to curtain wall, on the mass roof/wall.

Any advice?

Thanks.
Mee Yan

0 Likes

This is an interesting form to work with.

In short, be more specific about your goal and upload a half-done dynamo script file. Please.

0 Likes

?Hi yyi

I am not familiar with dynamo.

The shape was shaped using mass. Any similar you tube reference for this task, that you can point me to?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Frankly if you are not intend to use dynamo to solve it, this is NOT the forum for you as I understand.

But to help, I can tell that the form is quite complex because

1. the smooth/abrupt bifurcation in the middle suggests different patches;
  2. bottom left has a shape end, bottom right looks like a wrap - different modeling technology;
  3. the profile is wavy so rationalization is another challenge.

Therefore, I think you might need to look at the rhino-to-revit workflow(just google it) and NURBS modelling for the surface form.

Revit’s mass should be the container where you import the form from external modeling software. I am sure that you can, however, model this form in mass environment from scratch – but that really hurts.

1 Like

Hi yyi,

I have dynamo plug in, basically i needed a workflow example to refer.

Do you mean that I should use rhino to build the basic, and export to revit. I seen that tutorial before.

Huh, this means that I should learn rhino??

Thanks.
mee yan

0 Likes

What you all think of this tutorial? seem to be similar to what I am doing…

?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3B8josP9dM

0 Likes