Creating Room Data Sheets and Renaming (or initially naming) Views

I have cobbled together an effective routine for creating Plan Views and 3D views of Room elements in a Revit model (assuming you launch it with any 3D view open in your model). The idea is to use them for Room Data Sheets. It can be downloaded from the following location:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ptexang9j67zdw/Combined%20-%20Create%203D%20and%20Plans.dyn?dl=0

My question: The 2D views, due to the way the script is written, can name themselves. I would like the routine for the 3D views to do the same thing and unfortunately it’s currently outside my knowledge level (most likely Python) how to achieve it.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Capture

I think the element.setname node from clockwork will do what you want.

2015-08-27_14h57_25

Where do I get the custom nodes for this to work?

Hi Moses,

John already mention above “Element.Setname” from “ClockWork” Package. Just search for a package under packages in Dynamo and download.

Missing Custom Nodes

I am using Dynamo Version 8 and I have clockwork package. Dynamo tells me that the nodes in Red are not loaded.

They are:

Element.create 3d Cropped View

List Create.

How do i load them?

Steamnodes for 3d view node. List contains is its own package and also available on rhythm.

It took a bit of effort, but I was able to get it to work. Thanks for the help!

Solution

Hey all

I’m quit new I the Dynamo world, so Python script I’m not so familiar with

I have been tested the script and works perfectly, then I try to extend so I take rooms from linked files. I can create floorplans of the room but I can’t make the 3D view when I have linked files. Can any for you guys help?

On future terms, I would like to add the views on sheets and so on.

Dynamo 1

I don’t actually have an answer for that question, but I will add that my solution above works for 3D Views only if the Revit file has a 3D view open when the routine is started. I have no idea why. It’s possible your issue could be related to that oddity.

Can the dropbox file be uploaded again?

Thanks,

Moses

Brian, Would you mind fixing the dropbox link? I get a 404… Thanks in advance!

Hi @Brian_Myers2, would you mind uploading the latest definition? I would love to play with this one.

Thanks