Creating and naming 3D views in Revit from the rooms they are located in

Hi all,

I read here before posting to make sure it isn’t something that it is being asked every day. I found one named “Automate 3D views from Room Selection” but it has missing packages it is 2.7 dynamo version and being a newbie I don’t think I can do anything with that.

My question is as follows:

I have a lot of views for which I need to do 360 panoramas in Enscape. Being that there will be lots of rooms, for example 105 apartments with at least 5 rooms, you see that it would take a lot of time. Not only creating them but also naming the views same as the rooms they sit in. For example D.00.01.3 (block.floor.apartment.room).

My idea is to create the 3D view (Edit: place cameras) with a specific (1.8m) height at the room center (with center I mean the room-reference). The direction of the view doesn’t matter since it will be 360.

The other task would be naming the 3D views from the rooms themselves which would be already named and placed. So that they would be manageable. To be honest it is taking more time to name and create a system than placing the 3D views themselves.

So to recapitulate:
1-Placing 3D views in each room
2-Naming the 3D views as per the rooms they are situated in.

Thank you, I appreciate it!

@DrenAhmeti , hi

you mean placing cameras in each room?

Hi @Draxl_Andreas ,
Yes!

check out this, post your try! @DrenAhmeti

1 Like

Hi @Draxl_Andreas ,

Thank you. Just one think I see there are some custom packages that I guess I can’t download and the file I downloaded had only the .dyn. Please see attached the snip.

@Draxl_Andreas

Also, I see there that the package includes nodes such as: Get linked document from Linked Name. Which I assume has to do with linked files in Revit, which isn’t the case with me.

@DrenAhmeti , hi

try BIMorphnodes nodes, DynaMEP
2022-06-03_09h54_26

@Draxl_Andreas ,

Thank you. Please ignore my stupidity but as far as I can see this is for linked Revit files? I saw some videos in youtube and they all make due with the linked instances.

# Enable Python support and load DesignScript library
import clr

clr.AddReference('RevitAPI')
import Autodesk
from Autodesk.Revit.DB import *

links = UnwrapElement([IN[0]])

output = []

for i in links:
	output.append(i.GetLinkDocument())

# Assign your output to the OUT variable.
OUT = output

2022-06-03_10h46_19

There are a lot of similar topics here… regarding instance