Create Tag Node works Slowly

Dear Experts,
I created 3d view of duct system. Then tried to tag all ducts inside isometric view.
Using Create tag of GeniusLoci package. But this node works to slowly. Do you have any alternative recommendation?

@kvusal ,

just built a collector and run it on your view

#🎯 alle elements in view

all_elements = FilteredElementCollector(doc, doc.ActiveView.Id).ToElements()

OUT = all_elements

KR

Andreas

1 Like

depending on the complexity of duct system that need to be tagged manual tagging each duct is best option. This process ensure proper tagging.

1 Like

You need to provide some additional context starting with a screenshot of your graph in action and why you think the GeniusLoci node is specifically the issue. The bottleneck is almost certainly Revit or your graph logic.

Tagging a large number of elements in a 3D view is going to be slow because Revit has to update and redraw that entire view. How long does it take to tag all the ducts with the Tag All command? Why do you need a Dynamo script over the existing command?

4 Likes

Dear Experts, Many thanks for your thought.
Dear Draxl,
I am sharing script with you. Could you please check it. I did not understand how i can apply your suggestion.
Dear Johny,
Welcome to our community. At this situation manual tagging will be more proper option, since using dynamo is to much slowly.
Dear Nick,
I am sharing script with you. Without tagging part of script dynamo works quite fast. But when applying tagging script it starts to work to slowly.
8 - MO - CREATE ISOMETRIC - DUCTWORK SYSTEMS.dyn (163.3 KB)

Sharing your graph can be helpful if we need to recreate the issue, but you still need to provide screenshots and explanations of what you’re seeing when you run your graph. If your graph runs fine without the tag node and then slows down when you tag then it’s pretty likely that it just takes Revit that long to tag all the elements in your view. Try using the Tag All command in Revit to see if it takes a similar amount of time.

1 Like

The tuneup package can help you find the slow parts of your graph.

1 Like