Create Shared Family Parameter -DanEDU


#1

I updated DanEDU to version 2018-115.0, and now the set formula node works like a charm, BUT the FamilyDocument.CreateSharedParameter node doesn’t work as before. Specifically I have a list of 7 parameters that I create but it puts everything into the first parameter group in the list.

Thanks Tim


#2

You’re missing first input family document.


#3

@tvaughn,

From what I can see, it should work. if a document is not provided, it will take the current document. so it is fine that this port is not attached to something.

What I do see is that the package is outdated, please update to the newest version.

Could you please upload your .dyn file? and preferably also your shared parameter file, so I can try to figure out what the problem could be?


#4

Create Door Family Parameters.dyn (13.1 KB)
FHAI_SharedParameters.txt (127.0 KB)

I have package 2018.115.0 installed. It’s not a huge deal because I just split them into two loops in another script, but was just curious why it wasn’t going to the correct parameter Group.


#5

I just tried changing the lacing to longest and now everything works fine. It must have been because my input lists were different lengths.It would read all my parameters, but for the parameter group it would only read the first item. Same thing when I tried using the SetFormulabyName node.

Now, since I solved my own question, do I get credit for that or is that cheating? :slight_smile:


#6

I think it is good that you solved your own question, so you should credit yourself :slight_smile:

According to your package… your screen dump looked like the below.

Some time ago, I shifted the “DanEDU” to be written in the end as “| DanEDU” and not in the beginning separated with a “.”. The below shown is how nodes look now. Besides, with the new look names are simplified (“FamilyDocument” has become “Family”)… I have walked through my nodes to make names shorter in general.

When we all are going to update to Dynamo 2.0 looks will change for all nodes there are coded as custom nodes (that are not Zerotouch). I change the look to anticipate this update. However, nodes will change even more when dynamo 2.0 is released because every “.” in a node name will end up as “folders” in the library view (the right pane in dynamo).
That is a very bad idea, but it seems like the dynamo team doesn’t care that this will have a huge impact on all custom nodes. So I am trying to prepare users of my package as good as possible to the day where dynamo 2.0 will be released, and still have a package there has the bare minimum for overview and usability. I am even considering moving towards zerotouch nodes because zerotouch nodes will not have this limitation.

image