Create schedule node - name value stuck!

Hey, i’m googling it hard, but I can’t find it : how can I set a schedule filter using a value (a string) when I create it in dynamo??

thanks!

okay, found it, sorry, but i’ve stumbled upon another problem

CreateSchedule node, everytime when I run this script overwrites the schedule I made previously :frowning:

Yup, something is broken with CreateSchedule node - it gets stuck on a name value from previous use of node, even after restarting Dynamo! What the heck, why it’s stuck, when string that is being fed to name input is different?

Hey, maybe @jacob.small can help, he’s the expert at Element Binding…

I’ve actually downloaded 2.1.0 version as I read that it has CreateAreaSchedule node - because I need to create Area Schedules for every apartment for marketing sheets.

CreateAreaSchedule node has the same hickup - works only once - takes Name input and then, when I change this input it just keeps previous value - even after restarting Dynamo.

The problem isn’t the node, it is how Dynamo functions. Assuming you have saved the graph at some point during the run, the problem is called Element Binding (as @Mark.Ackerley mentioned). Check out this post for more detailed information on what is happening: Element Binding in Revit by @jacob.small

A quick solution is to use Dynamo player as that avoids element binding. Another solution is to clear the bindings, save the graph, and then when you use the graph again, do not save it afterwards. Close the graph, reopen, and run again. Just make sure you do not save between runs as that will create element bindings.

Easy way to clear the bindings is to disconnect all the inputs so that when you run the graph, wherever elements are supposed to be seen should be replaced with nulls and the graph should be filled with errors. The other way is to open the graph in a .txt editor and manually clear them.

3 Likes

What @kennyb6 said is likely the way forward.

In related news, my element binding proposal was accepted for an AU class so we should have some better and complete documentation ready to go.

Also, I believe that Dynamo 2.1 only functions in Revit 2020 at this time.

2 Likes

Okay, that explains it all, thanks!

1 Like