Schedule Filter NOT working

Hi,
Could some please help with the Value on the node below… I tried putting string but giving Null on the filter.
This is currently a test graph, but essentially I’d have a list of values and a list of schedules.
Thanks in advance all…

Capture

Same problem if you use “contains” instead of “equal”?

edit:
On your Watch with the viewname, it looks like there is a space after “A1.0”. Using “equal” will give you an error because of that space.

Hi Christian,
I managed to make it to work. Thanks for your reply!
Best,
Reza

Please mark this topic solved if that is the case, this needs to be done to keep the forum consistent :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi MReza, how did you make it to work? I’m having the same problem you had (a null from “ScheduleFilter.ByFieldTypeAndValue” node).
Thanks,
Gustavo

Hi Gustavo,
To be honest I’m not sure why it didn’t work previously.

When I was doing the main definition, dynamo just decided to work! Only difference I have a list of strings coming in as input to the ScheduleFilter node. Screenshot below…

Hi MReza, thank you for your answer. The only difference i saw between our definitions is that you are feeding a list to the “value” field in the scheduleFilter node. I tried converting my value to a list (not in the image) but didn’t work too.
I’ve tried it in Revit 2018 too but, as expected, the result was the same.
I’m using Dynamo 1.3.2, which version are you using?
Gustavo

I think the issue is that you are using a Schedulable Field instead of an actual Schedule View Field. You need to get the field from the schedule in order to create a filter.

2 Likes

I’m on Revit 2016, Dynamo 1.3.1. Have a look at Nick’s comment above, it may be the case. Check the inputs coming in to the field…

1 Like

Perfect! Thank you Nick and MReza!

Hi, I am trying to replicate what you did here for a project.

Can you tell me what the input for the Value field should be in the SheduleFilter.ByFieldandValue should be?

Hi Ben, in my instance, input is string.

Not sure if the schedule field lists other types of parameter values. I assume it’d need matching type input (ie number or integer, or something else)

Thanks for the reply,

I figured out late last night, It has to do with when you incorporate the filter. I was bringing it in before creating the schedule it has to be used after the scheduleview node. See the below pic it does work now. It goes 1 then 2 I had it flipped.

(comment similar to @Nick_Boyts above)

Thanks All!

2 Likes

Hi there, I tried to apply that to my schedule to filter by parameter exists with no luck. At the node ScheduleView.AddFilters it shows:
Warning: ScheduleView.AddFilters expects argument type(s) (ScheduleView, ScheduleFilter), but was called with (Revit.Elements.Views.ScheduleView, Function).
Could anybody please help me?
Cheers,
svetadiv

Hi,
I have had trouble with the “Has Parameter” as well. See the image below for an easy work around:

• Set the FilterType to “GreaterThan”
  • Set the value input to an empty string; " "

Hope that helps,

1 Like

Hi @Ben.AR,
Many thanks for your help. Actually it worked very well for me with your arrangement from beginning. I just have been surprised why it did not like “Parameter exists” option which supposedly should do the same.
Cheers,
svetadiv

Hi guys, I need some help. I am trying to make a filter but it is not working, I could not identify why.