Create Pipe from DWG

Hello Thomas!

Quick Q: The node can convert to dynamo curves only lines/polylines from AutoCAD or archs and other entities as well?

Regards,

John

Hi John

Yes, all curve types are supported: Nurbs/BSplines, circles, arcs, lines, polylines, spines, elliptical arcs, ellipses, shapes, complex shapes etc. Meshes are not supported (because Revit doesn’t support them) but you can explode them in Autocad to one of the aforementioned types before linking/importing to Revit. Also, text is not supported as no methods are exposed in the Revit API to find it!

I’ve made some big improvements to this node for v2.0 of bimorphNodes, including the ability to map LineStyles to the selected levels input (when converting to Revit Model lines), and a new variant called DetailLinesFromCADLayers which doesn’t really need much explaining… its due out soon, just in the process of finalising the release!

1 Like

I have try le version 1.4.1 but I cannot make it runs

Warning: Method ‘__func_0eeb8f98a56a4c60af50994a0f209a37()’ not found

Can I have some help, please ?

Hi @c.barribaud

Could you show us your complete graph with error expanded.

is it possible to share with me…
Iam looking also acad convert toe revit piping.

Hello @Kulkul Kulkul,

Great job.
Creating Duct from CAD.

i have a question.

how can we develop the model if we have double line drawing?

if we can develop the model using double line duct layout it will be the great work for us.

Thank You.

Regards,
RATHNAKAR.

Hello,

Fist I allso had a error code but i rerun it and now it runs fine. But it wont create pipe actual pipe. You can see in the 3D watch that it gets all lines.

@Thomas_Mahon @T_Pover Can you tell me where it went wrong? Ore what i’m doing wrong

Could you post a bigger version of your screenshot. I can’t quite read it.

Thx for the fast replay, I think the dynamobim form generated a lager version now. In this version you can zoom :slight_smile:

• There is no error code Revit just ain’t generating pipe for reasons unknown to me.
  • Is it possible to add connectors at the intersections?

The dyn file: CAD_2.dyn (21.9 KB)

It seems like that python script is not doing anything. Try feeding in the lines directly:

3 Likes

Sweet :smile: you Fixt it.

Is it possible to add connectors at the intersections?

1 Like

That’s possible, but it requires a lot of planning in Dynamo. There’s a few nodes in MEPover package for creating fittings like Elbows, Tees and Taps as well.

1 Like

He Everyone,. The blue lines that I can not touch after the operation are occurring. I have tried two different scenarios and it is the same in both. Why could it be?Create Duct From CAD.dyn (7.6 KB)

1 Like

Hey,

Check the number of the Code Block node, before the Lists.GetItemAtIndex node, this needs to be one of the Systems types of the list.

Hi,

I think I’m using the wrong code

There are 2 different codes. The same blue lines appear when I use them.

thank you for your interest

1 Like

Here is the last version I use for this DWG_To_Pipe.dyn (25.4 KB)
Capture
The Warning is couse I did not select a item to convert.

Could you send a new screenschot whete evriting on it?

I had this isseu when the femalie is not set correctlie. Whre Revit need to convert it to.

2 Likes

Hi

I came across this thread when trying out the MEPover package.
I’ve succeeded in creating lines from CAD curves, but I can’t get the Pipe.ByLines node to draw…
Do any of you see were I’m going wrong?

1 Like

try using a 3d iso view to see the line at elevation. looks like a drafting view? may need to convert the model curve to a curve :). The pipeType and system Type need to be types that “exist” in your file. use the examples above

2 Likes

@Wuillian_Medrano
Converting the model curve to a curve did the trick.
Thanks a million. This was driving me crazy!

Hollo Everyone…
I downloaded your .dyn file and this is very wonderful

I’d like to add additional function to this .dyn

Number01 - DWG

Number02 - scale part of Number01

Number03 - dwg to pipe result ( in revit )

Number04 - scale part of Number03

thing that I want to do is how I can convert splited part of line to one single line … like red arrow of below image

I’m new in dynamo, anyone can help me? thank you