Create multiple schedules with different structural assemblies

Hello! I have successfully created a script to create the schedule but all the SKUs are within the same schedule and I wanted each SKU to have their own schedule but I’m not too sure how to start that. I also want to get the SKU information from Revit so I don’t have to manually typed in the name of the those SKUs in the script and so I can apply this script to other revit files. Thanks!

How would you have done it without Dynamo?

Manually typed in the name in revit?

Please refrain for duplicating posts.

Sorry! I tried to delete that one but seems impossible. I totally just realized I can change the topic. How can I delete it?

You wouldn’t have created 3 different Schedules and use a Filter on them?

I have taken care of it.

Reach out any time the ‘how to’ of the forum is difficult. :slight_smile:

1 Like

oh well, yes. Within each schedule, I would need to type in the specific SKU to filter out the other ones.

Thanks!

1 Like

This is the first step. You will need to generate a schedule for each sku, and a filter for each sky, and then apply the filter to the schedule.

So there is no way that I can get the information from revit? Because I’m trying not to type in the name in the script so I can apply this same script to other revit files that have different SKUs that are not the same name showing in the picture

Yes you can get it from Revit.

I think I have specified that in the post…" I also want to get the SKU information from Revit so I don’t have to manually typed in the name of the those SKUs in the script and so I can apply this script to other revit files. " But any pointer is greatly appreaciated!

Yes, i edited my post while you replied.

But any pointer is greatly appreaciated!

You can use Dynamo to find all your - in this case - Structural Framing Families and use their
information to create the needed Schedules and the corresponding Filters.

1 Like

This is what I have so far and I don’t feel right. I’m not sure where is the blank space coming from. I’m trying to filter out the matching indexes of the two parameters and then Im trying to get true indexes using filterbyboolmask. Could you take a look?

I struggled through this early in my assembly Journey here is a video of the successful result.
Using Orkestra with Assemblies and Revit Dynamo - YouTube

it was some time ago and you may check for a new node that does filtering.
The work around step is duplicating the “Template Schedule” you create with all assemblies. Prepare a list of assembly name and apply filter to the “Template schedule List” also renaming it makes sense to list it correctly. If you have other assembly questions feel free to contact me.

1 Like

Though the Tiltle says Assemblies if you have a look at the image it seems OP
is creating a trying ‘regular’ Schedule for Structural Framing.
This can cause some confusion. I may be wrong here?

Sorry, Im just trying to seperate the two skus into two schedules because they are all now in the same schedule with my current script.

I don’t quite see why you’re pulling two parameter values - one for sku and one from frame sku; which is the parameter you want to filter by?

I actually don’t know, I was thinking to get two parameters to make sure I filter out the frames I want, but eventually I just want these two skus to be able to split into two schedules. I’m new to dynamo so some of my logic might not be logical.