Create multiple schedules with different structural assemblies

So setting up schedules directly in Revit is not an option? I’m all for using Dynamo as much as possible, but in this case it seems more advantageous just to not use Dynamo.

And as stated previously, you can copy the schedules and paste them into other projects and they will automatically populate and automatically update as elements are added or deleted from the model. You just have to have both projects open in the same Revit session in order to copy from one and paste to the other. I would create the schedules in the earliest version of Revit that you have, because you will not be able to go backwards.

I apologize if you already know all of this, just wondering if it’s worth the hassle trying to use Dynamo.

Hi Gtang
I understand that you want to create a SChedule for each SKU, so
I would do the following

1. Get the names all SKUs ={SKU1,SKU2,SKU3}, I guess that you have those names in an Excel sheet or from where they are did you get?

2. Assuming you have the schedules in an Excel sheet,We must import them from Excel.

3. Then create multiple Schedules with those SKus names

4. Apply the SKU filter for each Schedule

@gtangWZEDY a big part of the problem here is that we don’t have a dataset to illustrate the solution with.

Can you put a quick model together with 4 assemblies and two sku’s in it and post it here? We can skip the specifics of the parameters added to the schedule if we get the skus and a few other parameters in there.

It can be an option, I was told by my manager to create a script like this so that they don’t have to do this over and over again. But I’m just trying my best to get out of what I can, if it doesn’t work eventually I guess we will just use what I have in the script and manually add the filter for SKU.

Im just trying to get out the SKU parameter name out of revit because I still need to use the same script to other revit file with different sku name but this is a helpful step!

I understand. If you use a template file to create your new Revit projects from, just create the schedule in the template file and it will be there for all new projects. The existing projects will be the ones that you have to deal with manually.

The sku is basically the name of the whole module(like a room), we have 2 modules in this file, so we have two names Below picture is module UCT01v01 and all these frames in this module are assigned to UCT01v01.

Well that makes sense too, I guess they just trying to do all these with just one click using dynamo player. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Try this. Along with List.Unique use the Group.ByFunction node or the List.Map node where your function is filtering your list by the SKU name. You will probably need to set the lacing to longest on the Group.ByFunction or List.Map node in order to cycle through the list of SKU names individually. Then from there you can push each group one a time to the create each schedule.

As @jacob.small stated, it’s difficult to provide a good approach or solution without a test model.

Then you just need one Element.GetParamterValueByname node, a List.UniqueItems node, and a that list of values becomes the input for your filter.

However i am not sure that your data is as simple as you make it out to be here, as assemblies are always full of exceptions to the typical workflow processes due to their complexity.

agree, you must tackle the assembly (name) not the framing Elements.
if your Company want to expedite fabrication for assemblies.
find a method to filter the schedule by assembly “Name” through a dynamo node.

Hey @gtangWZEDY
Did you get a resolution to your issue?