Create Design Profiles from Selected Polylines

Hi Team

This Dynamo script streamlines the design process by automating the Generation of a Design Profile within Civil 3D. Initiated with Selected Polylines.

The script creates an:

• Alignment, Profile View, and Surface Profile derived from the Existing Surface.

• Users can customize clearance from the surface for the Design Profile.

• Additionally, the script optimizes the Design Profile by eliminating unnecessary PVI’s with identical grades, resulting in a more efficient and refined representation compared to the original Surface Profile.

Some of the inputs is in String, Like Band Sets. You just need to copy paste the name of the band set that you want.

Note:
Each polylines should have a unique Layer name. The layer name then will be then the basis of the other Civil 3d Objects like Alignments, Profile View, Surface Profile and Design Profile.

Alignment = Will have The same name of the Polyline layer name.
Profile View = Will have The same name of the Polyline layer name.
Surface Profile = Will have The same name of the Polyline layer name but with additional String “_EG”
Design Profile = Will have The same name of the Polyline layer name but with additional String “_Design”

As you know Layer is important when exporting Elements to Navisworks as this will be the first list under the Mother tree in Selection Tree

–The Propose of this study is to create a Dry Utility Pipe using corridor Process.
There will be another topic that will create a corridor from selected alignments with design profile already created.

2 Likes

Hi dm_salamania,

Thanks for sharing this information and I believe its a handy automation tool. Would be possible to share the Dynamo script?

Thank you.

Hello
Follow me on LinkedIn
https://www.linkedin.com/in/denmark-cuñado-729782109/.

I already finish it, but the package has not been publish yet online as i need to clean some custom nodes.
You can see my profile about the videos an update.

Thank you