Create a parameter from a list

I am trying to get information out from a fabrication rectangular elbow for the inner radius and create a parameter to make a label. I can see the values in a lists however I do not know how to get the information from the list to a shared parameter. Any help will be appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fpglmtbx03ndc1m/Fab_Radius.dyn?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fpglmtbx03ndc1m/Fab_Radius.dyn?dl=0

Have you tried the GetItemAtIndex node? :slight_smile:

I cannot find it here

so i think it is a custom parameter, but i’m not shure
in that case this applies

can you check if the Inner Radius parameter is shared?
If it is you can add it to your label

The inner radius parameter does not exist on a fabrication. ITM radius elbow part. Though dynamo I am able to find the parts dimensions and inner radius but cannot figure out how to get the data from a list to export out to a new shared parameter.

I will try it. Do you have any samples of how that node works?

can you show more of the graph? i downloaded it but its dynamo 2.x and i’m still on 1.3.2 :frowning:

Attached is a screen shot of what I have put together so far.

From your DimName, you should do something like this (which is not too far away from what you are trying to do):

Try something like this

create a new project parameter > shared parameter set like this

the parameter can now be added to the label > add param > shared param > select it

after that try something like this

Thanks for the help. Attached is the screenshot of the working one. Now I have no idea why it works but it does. Now I am trying to get the Top Extension to work.

The bottom one does not work.

You might check if the parameter and the value are the same StorageType, for instance,
if you set a string-value into a number-parameter, you will get an error.

I can’t see any error boxes but what I wrote above could be why you still are running into some kind of problems.

Here are some of the errors I am getting for trying to get the Top Extension of a Fabrication Radius Elbow.

You need to hover over the textbox above the node to see the error :slight_smile:

Here are some screenshots of the errors. Thanks for any help.

try this

Try and remove the “String From Object” between Fabrication Part Dimension and Element.SetParameterByName.

The error says excatly what I mentioned: Wrong storagetype. :slight_smile:

The one with the code block “Fab_Inner Radius” seem to have just gotten lucky. What it does is pulls the last value in the fitting instead of one that I actually want. So now I need to figure out a way to have the parameter filled by a specific dimension from the fitting from a list. So when I run the routine on a straight piece of duct the Fab_Inner Radius parameter gets filled in from the length of the piece of duct since that is the last dimension. Let me know if you have any tips on how this could be accomplished.

I have done a dynamo script that works for the inner radius however you need to have a shared parameter in the project for it to work. The script will write the inner radius of a fabrication bend into your shared parameter which you then then use in schedules