CorridorFeatureLine.PolyCurve jumping gaps

I’m seeing a couple issues with the CorridorFeatureLine.PolyCurve node:

1 - The node is giving me a warning “Unable to compute edge from curve…”.
2 - The node is connecting feature lines that are on either side of a roadway intersection (see the red arrows in the image). These feature lines do not go through the intersection in the corridor.

The dyn file is attached. here is a link to download the corridor file.
Corridor File
FLsFromCrdr.dyn (7.8 KB)

1 Like

If you try to extract the featurelines from the corridor, you’ll see that they will be connect jumping the gaps, exactly as you experienced in dynamo. try to uncheck the tick “connect featureline” in the corridor property menu or try to change the point code name.

That is not the result that I’m getting. C3D is not connecting feature lines across gaps. See below.

@keith.sowinski it is a known issue with Dynamo for Civil 3D that does not implement the break point in the corridor feature lines.

This is what you get in CivilConnection for the same corridor.

Hello,
Did someone discover a workaround for getting a non-continuous Feature line? thanks

@marshmallow Civil3DToolkit, TkCorridorFeatureLines

Thank you so much @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1, it works great! I just noticed that it does not report the sides correctly! I will remove duplicates, but wanted to let you know. thank you.

@marshmallow the side is determined via the offset of the first point on the featureline, if it is >= 0 is 1 else -1

That makes sense - thanks

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 Thanks for the information. I would like to know if there is a way to get featurelines without gap using CivilConnection?
Thanks,
Kaushik

Thanks for the reply. I would like to use a similar node as Dynamo for Civil3d but by using CivilConnection in Revit, where the break points are ignored when extracting the feature lines. Currently I get different feature line for every range where the assembly of the corridor changes (also the end point of one polycurve is not the same as start of the next polycurve). I would like to receive it as one single feature line using CivilConnection. Would it be possible to achieve it?

Notes:
Here is quick comparison of results obtained:

Package Used Number of Featurelines obtained
Civil3D Dynamo 2
Civil3D Toolkit 88
CivilConnection 86

I would like to get 2 feature lines in Revit using CivilConnection

It doesn’t work like that by design, you can have the same assembly in two regions that are not contiguous. Join the feature lines as Dynamo geometry afterwards.

ok, Thank you