Core package directory

Is there a reg key or file that indicate where the dynamo packages are installed for revit and core.

@Kulkul thanks but i was talking about though the dev side of things, in VS through c# pre the xml file existing that holds that data

@Robert_Cervellione Currently away from my PC. Will get back tomorrow.

@Robert_Cervellione in Python you can just parse the XML file like so:

You can see that @Michael_Kirschner stated that it might not be possible to do this from their standard libraries, but you never know until you try!

1 Like

Konrad

Thanks for the reply, the issue is that the XML does not exist in my case.
When installing dynamaya some user only have the revit version installed
which means that the directory and XML file for the core packages don’t
exist yet. They get populated if you open dynamo studio for the first time
and dynamaya use the core folders.

I did find a workaround where I populated the folders empty and when Dynamo
opened for the first time it generates the XML and any other files need.

So if you only have the revit version of Dynamo , you will have the main
Dynamo core folders in the program files but not the accompanying core
folder for packages.

Basically when installing Dynamo for revit it should populate both the core
and revit package directories. But I found a fix.

@Robert_Cervellione,

Yes, its true that they get created when you first run Dynamo, I think either Dynamo from within Revit or Sandbox version, and that can be an issue. I would report that behavior on GitHub if its troublesome.

Also, do you care to share your solution here?

Thanks!

Hi Robert,

Did you check in "C:\Program Files\Dynamo 1.0"

so my solution is that i create a zip file as an embedded resource in the exe installer as i was before to hold the package folder with all the files in it in a zip. what i was doing was looking to see if the package folder existied

var appPath = Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.ApplicationData);
pkgPath = appPath + @“\Dynamo\Dynamo Core\1.0\packages”;

then if it existed extract the DynaMaya package there. my zip file folder structure looked like this (standard package)

-DynaMaya
—bin
—dyf
—extra

and this is where i ran into an issue. so now that changed to

var appPath = Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.ApplicationData);
pkgPath = appPath + @“\Dynamo”;

since my files are using zip extraction i realized i could append the files, not over write them. which means if the folders existed then only new items would be added, if the folders did not exist they would be created. so the zip folder structure for my package now looks like this

-Dynamo Core
–1.0
—definition
—Logs
----packages
------DynaMaya
-------bin
-------dyf
-------extra

now everything is where it needs to go and on first start dynamo generates the DynamoSettings.xml and all is good[details=Summary]This text will be hidden[/details]

2 Likes