Copy Sheet Number into another parameter

Hey all,

So I am trying to get back into learning Dynamo after taking a long (unwanted) break from using it. I have a lot of projects that we will house in one model, (I.E. – Tenant fit-out’s) and to be able to keep sheet naming and numbers consistent, we have been putting the project number in front of the sheet number. For example we would have E00-01 – E00-15, for the fit-out we would do something like 233.xxx – E00-01 – 233.xxx – E00-15.

We use a parameter called “Sheet Number Displayed” to remove the 233.xxx - and not show that on the sheets.

I got this script to work somewhat. When I run it the information is being put into the “Sheet Number Displayed” parameter field for every single sheet. In the code block where I have the “233.xxx” it will do those sheets that have that in front of the sheet number, but then will add “233.xxx - ” to all the other sheets. Is there a way to get it to only search of those ones and if they exist to only change those ones and not the others?

I hope that I am making some sense with how I am explaining.

2024-02-06 11_07_23-Window

SheetNumberDisplayed.dyn (12.9 KB)

You can use List.FilterByBoolMask to filter out only the elements you want to update.

In this case, you can use the String.StartsWith block to filter out all sheets that start with 233.xxx

SheetNumberDisplayed.dyn (23.9 KB)

2 Likes

BOOM! that worked like a charm! thank you very much.