Copy/paste data of one column to another

Hi guys,
i m trying to copy/paste data of one column in Revit schedule into the other. Is it possible? For examle i have some calculated values in schedule of duct and i want to copy this value to another parameter (for example to comments). I found in BimorphNodes package this algorithm Schedule.GetDataColumns but i dont know how to Set this data to another column.
So much thans for any advice

http://a360.co/2k7JT4K

you need to copy / paste the value to the actual parameter from the element.

In your case that would be get parameter value > set parameter value to the “Comments” parameter

something like this:

Your elements could be all elements of category: Ducts for example

3 Likes

First of all, so much thanks for your answer!!
I m afraid its not that easy, because for example if i have some filters in my schedule, i have to create it in my script too (you cant use all element of category), or if i m using some sorting/grouping in schedule i have to create it in script too, or maybe I did not understand your answer well?
It would be great if exists something like Schedule.SetDataColumns

You can try it on my sample project, i upload it here:
[http://a360.co/2k7JT4K]

Could you post your criteria here?
its possible to filter elements out all elements.

if you are looking to filter based on min and max values this could do the trick:

You can also filter on name / or type or anything you can think of :slight_smile:

Maybe this is a different useful avenue? BiMorph…

1 Like

Thank you for your answer.
i m trying to create something like this:
I would like to copy parameter “Length for Fabrication” to my “Comments” parameter, just for this example - for all ducts, when i try to use somenting like this it shows me this solution:

so much thans for your help

Hmmm… so it worked for a single instance? Can you try setting parameter by name to Longest Lacing?

Edit: It would be helpful to ‘watch’ the outputs of your nodes…

You are feeding a filtered list to all elements of category… lists will not be equal i think.

if you use my solution of post 2. it will write comments to all ducts but your schedule will still be filtered the way you did. this way the ducts you dont want to show, will not be shown.

I think you have a point… the set parameter node is being fed values… it needs elements…

The best thing to do would be to get all ducts, filter them by the schedule value, then copy the schedule value using set parameter…

I don’t mind having a go, but it would be easier if i had a sample rvt file…

Hi, you can fing sample rvt file here:
http://a360.co/2k7JT4K

Thanks but i’m in 2018 so i can’t open your file :frowning: I’ll go get 2019 now

When i try to change setting parameter by name to Longest Lacing it shows me this:

That’s really interesting that it kind of worked at all!

I wonder how that node is working :slight_smile:

I think it would probably have the same outcome if you did Level 2 and shortest lacing…

Just out of curiosity what does cross lacing do?

No problem, i create the same rvt file in revit 2018, just click here:
Project1_2018.rvt (2.9 MB)

Thank you for your time!!!

example.dyn (5.0 KB)

your data is written to the elements, but they are not in the same order as they are in the schedule.
Use Yoeri’s approach in post 2

1 Like

Hi Marcel,

I think the OP is saying that data in the schedule is being calculated so you can’t just pull it from the elements.

If we sort both sets of data by Area, or something… maybe that helps?

1 Like

or build the calculation thing in dynamo

If you know the fabricated sizes its just round up to first available size. this should be easy in Dynamo.

it looks like 0…1500…250 = prefabricated
and >1500 is custom made?

the value of 5104 makes me scratch my head, it doesnt seem to be a calculated value