Coordinates into Revit instance shared parameters for scheduling

Hello all,

I am working on a job where I need to provide coordinates for several elements (wall intersections, columns, etc.). With this in mind I have created a revit family with Instance shared parameters that will allow me to shedule them in Revit. My main issue is how to get that information into the family, automatically.
I’m fairly new with Dynamo so I followed a few scripts found in this forum (couldn’t find one that would apply completely to what I need) but I can’t seem to get the right coordinates accross to the family.

I’ve attach the dummy .rvt file and the .dyn. as well os a screenshot with Revit’s spot coordinate and the family’s coordinates I’m getting from dynamo. I’m using the same Survey point and Project base point on the original job.

Any help will be welcome.
Many thanks.
vS.

Write coordinates into Generic model family 03.dyn (31.1 KB)
Write coordinates into Generic model family 03.rvt (6.9 MB)

2022-04-01_10h57_44

Thats maybe to easy :slight_smile:

Hi Andreas,
Thank you for replying.
Just one question, are those coordinates relative to the Project base point or revit internal?

I’ll give it a go this afternoon and I’ll give you a shout later.
Many thanks.
Regards,
vS.

1 Like

2022-04-01_12h29_14
2022-04-01_12h29_25
2022-04-01_12h30_21

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for all your help. I was finally able to make this work… The main issue I found is that the point coordinates were relative to Revit’s internal origin and I needed them relative to the survey point.
I ended up fiding a custom node from GeniusLoci that makes the coordinate system conversion.
Also I changed a few things to make it easier for me to use.
Many thanks.
Regards,
vS.

Coordinates into GenModel for scheduling .dyn (22.5 KB)

1 Like