Converting Autocad detail lines to Revit detail lines

I’m looking to bring Autocad details into my Revit drawing as drafting views. Doing so means that I will need to link the CAD then go into every detail within Revit and change the Autocad lines to the Revit lines so they have the correct line weights. Is there a way that dynamo can pick autocad layers, colors, line weights, etc. and change them to a line within Revit? Otherwise I’m going into each detail and selecting line chains and changing their line styles to the correct lines.

Hello @Paul.GallioneYRHTV and welcome …something here could be a start…

@sovitek Thank you for your reply. so far this is what i have. I keep getting null (-1) in the list.firstindexof node and basically saying index is out of range. there are 69 lines. Start index is at 0. when i change the count from 1 to 69, the whole list is null in the “total list of lines its styles in the project/string.remove” node

aha you wanna change revit linestyles…i thought you was after convert acad curves to revit lines…but if you wanna change your line styles then something here…

2 Likes

What package has the element classes?

1 Like

Hi its a ootb node from 2023 instead of “element type” and “all element of type” so if you are in lower version just use them

1 Like

HI. i am using an older version and im unable to connect all elements of type to a code block. Is there another alternate node?

not sure i understand could you show an image

Im unable to connect “all elements of type” node to a “code block” node (which i think i would call out the graphic style # into the code block im trying to connect to)

You could use get at index or type in “a[number of index you wanna use];” in a codeblock

i figured it out…user error. I didnt type in “A” in the begining of the code. thank you for your help.

1 Like

one more question, how do I tell what graphic style is associated with its line style? thanks for the insight.

Do you mean something ?

1 Like

you are a master! haha thank you!

1 Like