Connect Into Sprinkler And Pipe!

For some reason it was removed from my folder, but luckily I found a backup version. It’s in version 2017.4.2 now.

Cant understand why it’s not working.

pipe type? properties, routing.

Hello, Wuillian!
Thanks for responce.
Pipe is default UK Revit template. I draw single pipe segment and couple of sprinklers. Nothing special.
Am i doing something wrong or forgot to do something?

Hello Vadim,

The node expects a bit more than a single pipe segment and a couple of sprinklers. If you look at the examples in the above post you’ll see that the elements are connected to open pipe ends. In your case you would have to at least model a piece of pipe from the main pipe towards each sprinkler.

uh, in a former life i was also dealing with sprinkler connections @T_Pover
you might want a bit more control to the amovers this one node might be
a good start to get what you want.

2 Likes

@Wuillian_Medrano
can you explain the code of what you demonstrade ?
I am looking to into an installation of ± 8000 sprinklerheads, manualy connect into is not an option …

yeah that sounds like a good use for this graph… or buy AutosprinkRVT.:slight_smile:
here is a good start, older post that could get you going.

I’m planning to complete a few variations with data-shapes for workflows.
that include fitting options and auto-hang.

Could you pleas share those .dyn files you are using in the video I looked in to the old .dyn package were you are referring to. but it aint working.

Thx in advance.

Dynamo used with shared parameter, will depend on project template and settings.
These graphs are made tto work in conjunction with families and template, pipe type…

Best thing to do to get some help, is start a thread where the community helps out with the errors you are having. post your screenshot and ill take a look

Here
Latest 2018 Just finish thanks to your encouragement.
Pick the branch and watch them armover build… but take a look.
@T_Pover , I am having issues getting the Tee junction to consistenetly connect.
trying to isolate the failing connection, can’t figure out why only some drops Tee and others don’t

Will share DYN for testing and if it works for you we can talk business.

Sure, if you can send me the dyn and maybe a testing situation or revit file I’ll be happy to try and simulate.
PS really nice movie :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will be happy to recieve it.

Hi Jacobs,

I can work with 8000 plus sprinklers but the big picture here is how do you resize the pipes per sprinklers to all the buildings. Just a Hapitot!:smiley:

Hi T_Pover,

Thanks so much for this!

Just one question. How to connect sprinklers to middle of the pipe.This will only connect to the ends.

If you could please help

Connecting something to the middle of a pipe would require a more elaborate setup. Here’s what I can think off:

• Create a pipe from the sprinkler connection in the direction of the pipe you want to connect to.
  • Create a new tee with the newly created branch pipe and the already present main pipe.

You can use these 2 nodes for creating the pipe and the tee:

2 Likes

Olá, gostaria desse nó para conectar conduites à equipamentos elétricos (ou dispositivos de iluminação/ iluminação elétrica)! Seria possível?

hi.,
can you explain briefly with graph?it would be helpful for beginner.

3.5 years after a topic which was started in 2017… this isn’t likely to get much traction and clutters the board while annoying mostly inactive users. Going to close this out as a result.

Please start a new topic asking for clarity on what you are stuck with and be sure to provide what you have tried so far and a sample data set.