Conduit.ByLines

Hello all,

I am having trouble getting the Conduit.ByLines node to work for me. I seem to be having trouble with the input for the conduit type. I have tried a slew of nodes does any one know what its wanting for the input?

Thank you all in advance for any guidance!

Image%203

You need to feed input Lines as “Curves” or “Lines” geometry.

Thank you @Kulkul, I appreciate the heads up! So now i have the model curve feeding into lines, But I still think i missing some steps. My apologies, but I still trying to grasp some of these Dynamo concepts. It seems so easy, but what am I not seeing?

After SelectModelElements add Element.Curve node to get curve/line geometries.

@Kulkul thanks a million! That is an awesome node. I think i’m just a dumb dumb because im still not seeing the geometry in Revit. Could it possibly be my Conduit type input that is not correct? or is there steps still from the output of Conduit.ByLines that are needed to push geometry back into revit? Again thank you so much for your time and help! Im gonna figure this out eventually. :man_facepalming:

Do you need geometry in Revit or You’re looking to create conduits Elements?

Could show your graph after adding Element.Curve node

@Kulkul I was looking to try and take one line diagrams and create conduit in the model based of that diagram.
thanks again for your effort and time!

@LucW Right Click Conduit.ByLines node and change lacing to longest:

Dyn file here For Luc.dyn (6.1 KB)

Cheers!

4 Likes

@Kulkul you are a savior! thank you so much i really appreciate your help. I hope one day I can return the favor and contribute to the community!!
Thanks a million,
Luc

It seems that “Diameter” input can be a string or a number. Clever!