Conduit.ByLine does not work!

Hello everyone,

I need to model conduits along lines or polylines, but the Conduit.ByLine node is not working for me.

If I attach all the nodes, the file freezes with no result.

I see that there is a problem in the Conduit Type input, but I don’t know what to change exactly.

Do you have an idea how to solve this problem?

Hi @Asma_LA,

ConduitType seems to be a reserved keyword. Update the MepOver package if you don’t have the latest version.

You can replace ConduitType by conduitType and save the custom node to obtain again the input.

2 Likes

thank you for your replay,

I modified, the node was corrected. I have the latest version of the package.

But it doesn’t always work !

You can copy paste the Python script of the custom node in the canva.
Link the required inputs (line, level, diameter…) to the IN[0], IN[1] inputs.
Read the error above the Python script and show the error content in a new reply.

Here’s what it looks like

You missed the input conduit type.
conduit

when I attach it, my model pinwheels for infinity !

I tried several times but the same problem.

It is working fine for me with Revit 2022.

1 Like

I have also Revit 2022.1

What is your curve input ? A line ?

Yes, they are splines, but I tried with a straight line, and I have the same problem, and the model pinwheels for infinity.

Is your graph set to run ‘automatic’? If so: set it to ‘manual’ instead.

2 Likes

T_Pover Thank you very much for your help,

I have just tried it and it works, but the duct does not follow the spline, it was created in line.

But at least I get rid of the pinwheels problem.

T_Pover I opted for this solution, drawing the lines one attached to the other and finally I attach the “Conduit.ByLine” node to the “Elbow.ByMEPCurves” node and it works well.

But as I have to import my splines from another software, it will take me more time to redraw them.

Hello @Asma_LA …think conduit can only be straight, but you could try remake the spline approximately…

1 Like

sovitek Thank you for your solution, it looks like mine that I am creating.

In fact, I opted for a script to divide my curve into points, and then generate a polycurve. And then by selecting the polycurve it works very well.

I’ll test yours to choose the best one.

1 Like