Combing network drive must be in quicksand (its slow)

I am combing a network drive for our projects (440 folders). I am looking for two sub-folders in the project folder. Typical structure is N:\xxxxxxx\BIM\central and N:\xxxxxxx\BIM\links. Where xxxxxxx is the project number. My graph works great, its find the file attributes I’m looking for to send out to excel for summarizing.

Unfortunately this s very slow, like 15 to 20 minutes slow. I’ve thought about just do this in excel vba but getting the Revit file version is easier in Dynamo (for me). I know a directory search should not take that long.

Currently I’m using BattleBIM and DanEDU nodes for my directory readings.

Can I get an quick audit on my graph to check for any time savers?

Thank you.

Current Link and Central Model Status.dyn (44.1 KB)

@tlivingston Where are your custom nodes? C: ? or network?

Updating your DanEDU nodes to the zero touch nodes of Orchid which have replaced danedu will save some time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very embarrassed to say that I can not get the github approach to work.

This is my first stab at using nodes not published in a package.
And thank you for responding.

Remember that if you cut/paste on a network drive permissions are not inherited, you should copy/paste :slight_smile:

If you cut/paste between different drives the permissions will be inherited from the “paste” location

Otherwise this might cause you some headaches.

Thank you for the tips. I was unaware of that process. Good to know. As far as the Dynamo code, I have been able to work out my issues. I was simply recursing too far down in the folders. Its back to 1 minute now. :grinning:

Thanks again for the help.