Currently using Dynamo 2.0.1.
Here’s my thinking process and a bit of background info:
I am receiving files twice a week from our sub consultants that I have to replace the models within our network with their current files. Those files have REVIT links and in some cases 2D Autocad links. I have asked them to take the latest copies of their central files, and upload them to us so that we can then print internal progress and also contribute to our drawing indexes when we submit to client.
Here’s the problem.
- I have to manually copy and replace the files on our server, which of course, once the Subs sent us those files, we have to re-establish them as Central files on our network and reload the links within each of the files.
- This occurs twice a week.
- This is a huge project! 7000 sheets over 107 REVIT project files
Believe it or not I have automated most of this process except with this respect. I did some searching on here and found that there has been some new nodes and python scripting developed that addresses some of these very same issues,but I just cannot seem to either understand what’s going on or get this mapped properly to work.
I would like to build a script that in this order will process group of REVIT project files within a folder(s) in this manner:
- Open broken central file document and save as proper central file at it’s current folder location.
- Reload RVT links (which will reside in same folder).
- Remove all Autocad links or imports.
- Sync to Central.
- Close document relinquishing everything.
Here’s the graph in pieces that I cannot seem to get put together to do this. The Clockwork and GENIUS LOCI nodes I can’t get my head around how or which one to use.
testing3.dyn (34.4 KB)
testing2.dyn (43.6 KB)