Color dimensions based of vector/line direction in dynamo

Hello,

I would like to know if its possible to color all existing dimensions in an project with dynamo.
Existing vertical and horizontal lines need to be separated with colors “centerlines”.

I’m currently struggling with rhythm nodes but i haven’t manage to cook something up yet except that i get list of vector or line directions of all dimensions.

Here’s how i want it to look in the end etc…

Hi @Alex_MEP_Designs,
Welcome to the Dynamo community.
It is certainly possible. Try something like this: Dim Color.dyn (24.4 KB)

5 Likes

I like Amol’s approach, pretty much the same concept as my own that I emailed you just then (sorry for the delay, but good to see you came to the forums anyway). Adding the diagonal is a good idea I think - nice one.

Here is what I sent Alex for others anyway, this one is strictly horizontal/vertical or close to using a 2 way filter though. Give Amol the solution tick if you give one, just sharing for others to see.

dimension vectors.dyn (30.1 KB)

3 Likes

Thank you for the welcome and fast replies!

I see now that it’s the code block itself that i couldn’t build up correctly.
Need to get my hands on more material.

Thank you both for the solutions, will make my weekly routines less of an headache.

1 Like

Hi, little update its working perfect!!! “except”… :roll_eyes:

I encountered a problem with both graphs/solution’s.
When doing chain dimension it goes crazy in the coloring.
I tried to use more filters but it just made it worse.

I also noticed if the witness line is linked to an object with slope or vector Z difference it doesn’t help top flat them out.

Any theories or ideas at least for the chain dimensioning? :slight_smile:

@Alex_MEP_Designs Just throw in a List.FirstItem node @L2 and it should do the trick.

Dim Color.dyn (25.9 KB)

1 Like

Hi @AmolShah
Hope your doing great and still getting new challenges! :smiley:

I was wondering if could pm me the conversation we had because the account was lost and the this is a bit awkward but the domain linked to it doesn’t exists…
Long story short here :slight_smile: can give furthermore details if needed. Kind regards / Alex