Create Dynamo graph to find unwanted Dimension Styles

I want to create a graph that helps me find the dimension styles listed in the image so I can find them in the project and change them to a style we use so I can remove the unwanted styles.

For example, the only ones that should be in use are “KJWA_Linear - 3/32” Arial, KJWA_Linear - 3/32" Arial CLEAR and KJWA_Linear - 3/32" Arial QA_QC." I want to change any of the others in use to KJWA_Linear - 3/32" Arial QA_QC. How would I do that? I found a video from 2019 by Evolve LAB that I think does what I want but I’m sure the nodes are from an earlier version of Dynamo and not sure how they work in Revit 2022/Dynamo 2.12…

Please point me in the right direction. Thanks!

• Select all in entire project > Change to desired style
  • Purge unused

If you want to code that, have a crack and show progress to the forums first.

1 Like

Gavin, I did that part already. When I Purged I got rid of a couple of styles.

The one in particular that I want to remove is KJWA_Linear - 3/32" Arial ROUND TO THE NEAREST INCH. Which I used in the project selected it and changed to a type I wanted to use.

Still, I couldn’t purge it and still saw it available to list I started looking for other options.

That is why I thought that I would need Dynamo to help.

Any chance it is in a detail group or design option? If so Dynamo is t going to help either, you need to track them down.

The previous video likely got you enough to get them selected as that basic method hasn’t changed since Dynamo 0.9 days. Once you have them isolated query their workset, and that will tell you what view they are on.

1 Like

OK so from there, use Dynamo to get all dimensions and isolate those of the chosen style/Id. You can then ask for their OwnerViewId to hunt them down:

1 Like