Color curtain panel

Hello,

I have a curtain wall, which contains curtain panels of a single (the same) family type.
I would like to paint one, or two curtain panels into red color:

How can I do this? I tried to override graphic settings, but didn’t seem to work:

I would be very grateful for any kind of help.

rvt file: Dropbox - curtain panel color.rvt - Simplify your life
dyn file: Dropbox - curtain panel color.dyn - Simplify your life

@george you can use Elements.SubComponents from Archilab or Clockwork packages to get the nested families and override their graphics:

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the quick solution @Elie.Trad !

1 Like

I think your first graph should work as well, if you also add a proper input to the projectionFillPattern. At least that’s how I remember it from the last time I used it.

Hi @esanthir ,
I just tried with Solid fill and it didn’t work:

The way I understand the reply from Elie, is that I can’t override graphic settings of a family type, but instead I need to override graphic settings of its sub elements.
So essentially if an element does not have subelements, I can override its graphic settings. That’s how I understood it.

I just had time to test myself - it’s correct that the Dynamo override doesn’t work for the nested family. I didn’t catch that quickly.

The solid fill pattern would be needed though if you use OverrideGraphicSettings.ByProperties.

As a side note it is kind of weird that right click > override in view > by element works for the whole element, but calling the same from Dynamo does not work.

1 Like