Collect Elements from Multiple Linked Files and Obtain Their Space

Hi,

I am new to this Forum, although I’ve been reading it for months. Glad to now participate.

Goal: a list of all Spaces in the model, with sublists of all elements from 28 linked models that fall within the corresponding boundary of each Space (including ducting above).
Problem: The Space.IsPointInside node gives the output format I’m looking for. However, the points that are successfully generated from Element.Location+ (from Linked models) and the Spaces (not from Linked models) in Space.IsPointInside comes up with an error.

Custom Nodes: Bimorph Linked categories, Archi-lab get Linked document, Springs file drop down, Rhythm is inside space, Archi-lab (?) Element.Location+

Does someone have advice?
Thanks a bunch!

Similar Topic: How to create a list that shows ducts contained within a space

Does your graph work with points and spaces within one model? I would start there and make sure that is true. Then work towards the other linked elements. Also, are ALL linked models using the same coordinate system? If not, you won’t get the results you want I don’t think.

@SeanP, first off, thank you for a wicked quick answer.

I tested where the Elements live graphically and the Spaces & Elements are on the same position. So, I don’t think the Coordinate Systems are a problem.

I gave up the Space.IsPointInside node. With the Elements in Space node I ran through the following scenarios:

1.Successful: - Categories Manually Chosen
Linked Model A_Elements in
Linked Model A_Spaces

1. Successful: - Categories Manually Chosen
    Linked Model B_Elements in
    Linked Model A_Spaces

3.Successful: - Categories Manually Chosen
Linked Model A_Elements
Linked Model B_Elements in
Linked Model A_Spaces

1. NOT Successful - Categories Automatically Chosen with MEPOver & Bimorph Nodes

It does not make sense to rely on a script where I need to manually input all Categories. Do you know why I get an error when I try to use those nodes?

Hope you can see the screenshots.
Thank you!

Would you please paste the entire error message provided in the Watch Node? Also show the preview of at least one “clean” list so we can compare structure. Also, have you tried lacing options on the Elements in Space for the auto categories? I am not sure, but it may not be checking all elements for each Space as you may think, but rather trying to compare them 1:1 and when the space list runs out it breaks. Not sure since it is working on the bottom in the same fashion.