Selecting space boundaries from a linked model

Hi everyone,

I’m having some trouble selecting spaces when done trough a linked model in Revit.
I’m trying to extract the room boundaries from the spaces. Using the springs or bakery “select linked elements” node seems to pick up on the spaces and give element numbers but when passing them to the Room.Boundries node it returns an empty list (image 1).
But when I open up the linked model itself and just use the pick model elements (image 2) and pass the spaces to Room.Boundries it seems to work fine.

Anyone have any ideas for this?

linked elements seems to pick up all the other parameters from the space looking at the element.parameters node. is the boundary information just not transferred?

Any help would be great, Thanks in advance!
Image 1:

image 2:

Hi @paul.flanagan

Why is your image 2 showing “RevitLinkInstances” for “Room.Boundaries”. Looks like your spaces are inside 2 times link file. Means it is located in link ->link->spaces. That is the reason you can’t get that boundaries.

Hi Kulkul,
Thanks for your reply - this model just has a spaces link model and an internal layout model. Could you explain how it could be linked twice? Also, why does the same selection in in the first image not work the exact same as second image?

Apologies, still learing dynamo and trying to wrap my head around selecting though links. Thanks very much for getting back to me.

Paul

@paul.flanagan This might give you some clear picture. The reason why your getting Empty list is its because your link is having nested link.

And here is the process in action:

2 Likes

Kulkul,

Thank you very much for your response (and the animation!) You’re spot on in what your saying. I’ve testing it out on a model with a single link and it works fine. Strange the way the model is set up here.

Thanks again for clarifying :slight_smile: