Collect connected elements inline by first and last element and filter them out in correct order

Hi,

I’m looking a way to collect connected elements (pipes, fittings) in line (first and last fittings inline will be selected) and filter them out in correct order.

I’ve tried MEPover package that collects elements in connected system, but they’re not filtered correctly (elements were not listed in order staring from the first one to the last point).

Do you know any packages that can help me to get the right results? Or this is something that a little python could do? Maybe you know a workaround?

Any ideas are welcome as long as it could help me to solve this problem.

@zalgirietis.minde ,

As a starting point Element.Location+ Node Clockwork :wink:

What do you want with the fittings / pipes?
A pipe have the parameter “Section” this one change when he see a tee.

I have build a script that group the pipes by System Abbrevation and after that group them by section.

So back to my first question, what is it that you want?

I guess it’s more with the fittings.

My goal is to measure distances between certain points (fittings) that will have a certain parameter value. I’m going to add that value manually.

For example: a very first fitting is the point No. 1, another fitting somewhere in the line is No. 2 and the last fitting is No. 3. These are the key points where I will split the polyline and measure distances between these points: No. 1 → No.2, No.2 → No.3 etc. But these distances should be measured going along the line through other fitting points that are in between my key points.

I already created a script that creates a polyline through all the fittings in the line, splits them and measure distances. To be able to get the right results I need to get all these fittings in correct order as they are connected.

Does fittings has similar parameter?

ED: I forgot to add that I also need to count the amount of the fittings between these key points.

What you can try is sort your point by a polyline and number the fittings in a parameter.

Sounds like an idea. I should have a try.
I was thinking to get rid of the first and the last point in the list before creating polyline and replace it with the points of manually selected start & end fittings (their location points). In that way I could get correct polyline. Do you think it’s the way I should do?
I’m afraid it would not work properly in more difficult situation.

1 Like