Civil3d Solids- dynamo-Revit

I assume you installed CivilPython correctly and tested it like per the instructions. Can you check you don’t have something hanging in Civil 3D while you are running the code? What happens behind the scene is that an XML file is generated in the temp folder. Also you should check your CivilConnection_temp log file, also in the temp folder to get a better understanding of what is happening. I’ll be off for a couple of weeks and I don’t have access to my laptop so it will be difficult to get back to you earlier than September.

3 Likes

Hi I have problem downloading the .dyn file, can you .zip the exemples?

thanks!

Which dyn, and what is the specific problem?

Those:

can’t find the way to download them,

On the page for a given .dyn, right click on the raw version of the file and choose ‘save target as’ in most browsers. GitHub can take some getting used to. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank’s Jacob!

I got the same problem…

it seems that I got a problem with the CivilPython. I get this error:

I redownload and replace the CivilPython but without any chance…

The -Python command is unknown

Someone any idea?

setup:
Windows 7 French
Revit and Cilvil3d 2020 English versions and up to date

I had the same problem, that the -Python command didnt work.
Check if this path is correct:

“C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\CivilPython.bundle\Contents\win\CivilPython.dll” and unblocked.

For more informations look at the guide of Paolo.

1 Like

Thanks Red!

Good morning.
I’m sorry for bothering you, but I’ve been trying to connect CIVIL 3d 2019 with REVIT 2019 through civilconect. I downloaded the application and also loaded the python. You can do some video tutorial of the installation, is that with the translation I do not know if I have skipped a step. thanks.

hi Paolo, do you have sample to use Mass.BySolid and Mass.ByCrossSections or Mass.ByLoftCrossSections?
for unknown reason, using Mass.ByShapesCreaseStations or Mass.ByClosedCurvesCreaseStations works OK, but Solid or CrossSections got from AppliedSubassemblyShape.Geometry doesn’t work as input to Mass.BySolid and Mass.ByCrossSections or Mass.ByLoftCrossSections.
somehow, Loft doesn’t work!?

so i switched to using FamilyType.ByGeometry and FamilyInstance.ByPoint, but this have new issue of insertion point and rotation.

@Ning_Zhou if you hover the mouse on the input ports you will see the input types.
The AppliedSubassemblyShapes work only with ByShapesCreaseStations.
The “CreaseStations” is what makes the difference in these nodes and tries to smooth things for creating the solids as free form lofts.
Also if you hover the mouse on the node there is a little bit of help that explains the expected result.

thanks Paolo for clarification,
is there a way to convert corridor to Revit family via other means instead of AppliedSubassemblyShape? so i can use Mass.BySolid and Mass.ByCrossSections or Mass.ByLoftCrossSections?
if AppliedSubassemblyShape is the only best option then how to create tunnel-like Revit family via Mass.ByShapesCreaseStations?

@Ning_Zhou create the tunnel with more than one subassembly shape (e.g. if it is a circular section, create a top and bottom arc shapes for each circular element, if it is a cut and cover tunnel, every “rectangle” in the cross-section is a subassembly shape).

thanks Paolo, we actually use multiple subassembly shapes, but Mass.ByShapesCreaseStations won’t cut void automatically, or at least i don’t know how to do it, i’m not civil guy anyway.

That’s what I’m saying: you should not need to cut any voids if your subassembly shapes are designed for this

thanks Paolo, just wonder if there’s a way to “optimize” polycurves from AppliedSubassemblyShape.Geometry so it can be used as input for Solid.ByLoft, not always work, or shape is twisted.

@Ning_Zhou that happens with the Dynamo Geometry quite often, that is why I’ve introduced the possibility to create the profiles to leverage the Revit Free Form geometry in the families which is more consistent.

HI Paolo, @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1
Can you explain me how to extract solid with Dynamo for Civil 3D and create a JSON file,
I tried the same but i cannot convert solids to geometry please have a look at my script and suggest me what to do next. If possible can you upload me the script to convert solid to json file format

You haven’t pulled any geometry yet, just the AutoCAD object. Object.Geometry before the string from object node should help.

2 Likes