Civil3D Set block normal to feature line

Hi everyone,

I am aiming to place objects NORMAL to a feature line at specific station values. I have no problem creating a coordinate system at station values byt cannot find the correct node to use that sets a coordinate system NORMAL to a feature line.
I would sincerely appreciate any assistance.

Thanks very much.
Regards
Richard

Can you try the curve.normalatparameter ? Get the TKFeature lines then the polycurve representing the FL. You can get the parameter value by using the parameteratpoint node

Hi David. Thanks for your reply.

Can you advise what the input might be for the TkCorridorFeatureLine.PolyCurve node. I have tried using the “CoordinateSytem” output from “CorridorFeatureLine.CoordinateSystembyStation” node but this does not appear to work as an input to the TkCorridorFeatureLine.PolyCurve node.

Thanks in anticipation.
Regards
Richard

@richard.vanderspuy are you working with corridor feature lines or regular feature lines?

@mzjensen, @david_licona I am working with corridor feature lines. Have found a solution using CoordinateFeatureLine.CoordinateSystemByStation node and setting it to False.

Thanks so much.

1 Like

Cool !
For future references, if you work with corridor feature lines, I will advice using the toolkits feature lines (TK Feature Lines).

There were some issues with corridor feature lines that paolo fixed in the toolkit. Mainly if you have a corridor with multiple regions and you hace a feature line in say region 1 and region 3 but not in region 2, if you brought the geometry to Dynamo with OOTB nodes, then you will get a connected FL going through regions 1, 2 and 3 even though 2 shouldn’t exist.

1 Like