Civil 3D Toolkit Feedback thread

As expected.

worth investigating but from number 1 it doesn’t fit the pattern, must be also something else.

2 Likes

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1
I’ve been playing around with the Layer functions, there are many different nodes to play with the properties of a new layer, but not one for plot style? Am I just not looking in the right spot?

1 Like

@SMorykin you are not wrong there are no nodes for the plot style at the moment. Can you elaborate in what workflow you would use them, what functionalities you envison, etc.?

1 Like

When we create a new layer using the Layer.Create Node - color is an option but not plot style. Our firm (and I’m sure most of the industry) moved to style based plotting (.stb) some time ago. We can create a new layer, but still have to go back in and assign the plot style in order for it to work properly.
I wish all the columns across the top of the layer manager were available inputs on the “Layer.Create” node. This would include descriptions.

For my specific purposes we have ‘demolition’ layers. We do not build our templates with a ton of these extra layers around, so we were thinking we’d create a dynamo script to create them on the fly. We’ve got everything with the exception of the “plot style”.

1 Like

thanks, I’ve added managing the layer properties to the pile of requests for the AutoCAD objects in the Toolkit.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I have a list of numbers (to represent point numbers) and my created cogopoints. For whatever reason I cannot get the “CogoPointExtensions.SetNumber” to recognize the point number list and renumber the cogopoint objects accordingly. Can anyone provide some guidance? I’m using 2020.4

1 Like

I’ve moved your post under this topic, can you use the GetNumber node after the SetNumber node?

2 Likes

It still doesn’t follow the number sequence in the list.

1 Like

Can you use the Type node after the GetItem at index? The SetNumber takes unsigned integers as input, I wonder if that is the problem here

2 Likes

The most likely explanation is that you already have assigned those values to other points and Civil 3D will throw an exception that is hidden in the Toolkit. See the example below.

If you want to change them you need to do it twice: first assign the same values plus a high number (e.g. twice as many CogoPoints in the drawing, even better if you take the largest CogoPoint Number in the document + 1) and then set them to the desired values like this

3 Likes

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1, have you had a chance to take a look at the structure sizing node?

Link to file again: https://we.tl/t-1BKEJ9rKED

1 Like

@henry_from_sydney yes you were next on my list, the way it works is that checks in the same PartFamily if there is a suitable Size, the sizes need to be loaded in the document before.
Since I don’t have your catalog on my machine it just gives me null structures. If you want to target a different PartList you need to use SetSize instead(). I’m working on an update that allows to pick the diameter, the width or the length of the Structure.

2 Likes

I guess I should explain this a bit. I’m importing a Point file as CSV. I have the Point Number, Coordinate values and description. I’m creating the cogo points based on the CSV. I’m trying to capture the numbering system from the CSV as I want this graph to be scalable for any CSV I import, not specific to this CSV. I’ve attached the entire graph, maybe that will help explain a bit better.!

1 Like

Can you confirm that in the CSV there are no duplicated values? And also can you try to follow my previous post at least? or if you are not able to do it can you share the CSV?

1 Like

I can confirm, there are no duplicate values for “Point Numbers”. Maybe it would be easier to have “Number” as an input value to the “CogoPoint.ByGeometry” node. I feel like we are trying to set the number AFTER the cogo point is already created. If I try to take the Point and SetNumber before Creating the Cogo Point, the datatypes do not match up and throw an error.

1 Like

Appreciate the comment.This post is about the Civil 3D Toolkit which is separate from Dynamo for Civil 3D, so you your last comment is out of topic.
Can you share your CSV pretty pretty pretty please?

2 Likes

I respectfully disagree. My comments are related to the node in the Civil 3D Toolkit (CogoPointExentions.SetNumber) and the mismatch of data types if trying to establish this point number before the points are created vs. after they are created.

The CSV is not an acceptable file type that I can upload to this forum. I’m more than happy to send it your way through another method. Thank you for the feedback and followup Paolo - I do appreciate the work you are doing.

1 Like

The CogoPoint.ByGeometry node is not part of the Toolkit.

Can you send a WeTransfer?

1 Like

Try to rename the extension to file.csv.txt and it should go.

2 Likes