Civil 3D Toolkit Feedback thread

Excellent job :clap: Looking forward to try.

Do we have nodes to create pressure pipe?

1 Like

That’s good news Paolo, thank you!

1 Like

Awesome… Looks promising, will test it out soon.

1 Like

Not in 2020

1 Like

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1,

1. Are there any nodes or workflow to export these Pressure Network objects (mainly complete solid) from Civil3D to Revit?
  • Currently I am using ‘jsondata’ to export to external .json file and import json file into Revit. But some of the solids (like the pressure appurtenance, as shown in your above figure) are failing to import into Revit.
  1. Also are there any plans to extend these Civil 3D toolkit methods to merge with the Civil Connection package? So as to have a smooth workflow between Revit and Civil3D.
1 Like
  1. you can use SAT Export/Import at this stage but you need to manage the project base point and orientation in Revit and then create DirectShapes under an appropriate category
  2. No
1 Like

Yes, I have been managing the transformations with the basepoints/surveypoints and rotations manually as of now.
I will try with SAT Export. Thanks for the information.

1 Like

Can we have for Civil 3D 2021. Is there separate package?

1 Like

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1,

When you will have time it would be great to add nodes to consult, create, edit and modify corridors regions…

Looking forward to it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Paulo, I don’t know why, but almost every time I use the node “network.getpipesstructures” Dynamo freezes, sometimes for hours and that doesn’t happens when using getbyname or IterisCivilDynamo package.
I tested in several different computers and in several different routines, that’s not specifically to one pc, file or routine.

1 Like

@deividsteffens please share the dataset you are using.

1 Like

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 this solves my problem. Also i successfully managed to set new values with 1500 plots. It took about 1.5 hours to finish, not sure if that could be improve or that’s normal considering the number plots. Please see attached log file for your reference. Thank you. Log file

1 Like

@myrwen.junterealSJC7 thanks for the feedback, the log shows that setting the properties and updating the values is the part that takes considerably long time and that the performance starts to degrade after roughly 200 objects (2 sec), then the next 300 (2.5 sec) and so on up to 4 sec for each property.
Could you split the inputs into batches of maximum 200 elements each and maybe use Dynamo Player to see if there are any improvements?

1 Like

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1

Do you have any nodes to extract corridor solid?

1 Like

@eden no as far as I know it is not possible with the .NET API

1 Like

Hello! First of all, HUGE thanks for developing this pack, it’s a real improvement for our performance! We’ve started the creation of some scripts and they look promising.

I wanted to ask if there is any node to export civil3d models to Navisworks file, I’ve been looking for it but I can’t find it within this package, not sure if I am missing something or if you could add it as a future improvement for next updates.

Many thanks for your continuous support!

1 Like

@v_rivas thanks for the feedback, could you please start a new thread with this topic as it is not currently part of the package and could you also articulate the use case you have in mind?

1 Like

Noted, please see link below

(Civil3D Model to Navisworks)

1 Like

Thanks @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 for your reply. Do we have any nodes to create pressure pipe network for Civil3D 2021?

1 Like

@Eden I have not yet had time to look into 2021 API

1 Like