Civil 3D Toolkit Feedback thread

Hello to everyone!
@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1
I did not find a post that described what needs to be posted, when I find bugs,
I attach two dwg, dyn, log and the video of the problem
https://youtu.be/yYsH-6gp4xc

20210403 - Создание таблиц Автокад.dwg (562.3 KB)
20210403 - Создание таблиц Автокад.dyn (36.9 KB)
Autodesk_Civil3DToolkit.log.txt (189.4 KB)
dynamoLog_a76dca5a-89e4-4692-9763-acb6b1924192.txt (11.5 KB)

also all files at onedrive link https://1drv.ms/u/s!As1RLbbBpvmBjLN_prmDRNM9QwqJwQ?e=YzSsKg

Civil3dToolKit 1.1.22 Acad Table Issues with nodes

• Table.ByPointData
    does not work slots “RowHeight”, “Column Width”
  • Table.AddColumns
    incorrect operation of the node as a whole

As a wish is possibility to set Cell alignment:

• To Column
  • To Row
  • To cell directly

PS:I hope not to be included in the list of naughty

1 Like

What is the cell alignment you wanted to use?

About cell alignment:
everything works correctly during table creation.
but after creation, I want to be able to separately manage the alignment in columns, rows and a single cell, as same as Manage “Table.SetColumnWidth” and “Table.SetRowHeight” nodes.

I record video of the work of the node “Table.ByPointData”
when creating a table, the ports “RowHeight”, “Column Width” do not matter, and you have to bypass using separate nodes to change the column width and row height.

The node “Table.AddColumns” also works incorrectly, produces an incorrect number of columns, and does not take into account the width of the columns

Hello everyone!
@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1, where can I find the changelog?

keep track of the changes on GitHub

2 Likes

Hi, could you please look at this script? How to create a subassembly - #6 by Drbohlav I’m thinking of how to simplify this script and make a more elegant solution. What is your opinion? Do you have any suggestions?

Does anyone know why I appear to be missing a large number of nodes from the toolkit?

Comparing the DocumentExtentions to someone else who has the tool installed, i should have a lot more than just the LineTypes node!

A lot of other nodes are missing too. It feels like im missing 80-90% of them!

The package was installed via the package manager. Ive checked that all the DLL files in the package are “unblocked”

Im using Civil 3D 2020.5.2
Dynamo Core is 2.4.1.6326
Dynamo Civil 3D is 2.4.1.1417

What version of the Civil3DToolkit package do you have? If you’ve been gone for a while, perhaps you need to uninstall your current package and install latest 1.1.26.

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 thanks for the new update. I see in the change log that the edit mleader tag has been closed; is this in 1.1.26? Looking at the update, I don’t see an edit node under MLeader stack. Thanks again for all your hard work!

2 Likes

Its a new laptop i was installing it on, so it was installing 1.1.25

Hi all, I am looking for Object.FilterByPropertySetDefinitionName node. Is there any already? Only way now for me is now to use Object.PropertySets node, get names of property sests and filter by bool mask if it is in my list of property set definition names. Any hints are appreciated. Thank you.

I’m trying to convert Dynamo Polycurves to autocad Polylines using PolylineExtensions.ObjectByGeometry. Identies are created, but are however not correctly added in Civil 3D.

I run this script

And I get this result:

It should create another line parrallel to the selected entity with NumberOfCurves = 3, but it however does not. The error occurs in Polycurves with NumberOfCurves > 1.

When I manually select the handle of the missing polyline in Civil 3D, I do manage to locate the missing polyline(s) but the geometry properties are not correct:

All points in the polycurve have a Z-value of 0, so they are planar. All points within the PolyCurve with NumberOfCurves have exactly the same start and end points, so they should be continious.
Flattening the input list has no effect on the results. The geometry preview in Dynamo itself does show the Polycurves with NumberOfCurves = 3 on the correct position so that shouldn’t be the problem. I’m running Civil3DToolkit 1.1.26, so that should neither be the problem.

Even more oddly is that when I break down the polycuves into curves, and then rebuild them as PolyCurves with NumberOfCurves = 1 and then use PolylineExtension.ObjectByGeometry it works just fine (however not desirable):

What may cause this error?

You’ll need to upload the log file if you think there is a bug.

1 Like

@stabouw is the geometry working range set to medium? That is the first thing to check.

Hi all, i am currently working on a pipe network generation script.

I am using the nodes PIpeNetwork.AddStructureByPoint and PIpeNetwork.AddPipeByCurve, but i can’t generate more than one pipe or one manhole. I simplified my script (witch will use data from shape) to get a more readable example. Here, i am giving the node a list of two points, but only one is used. I may be missing something really simple, but can’t figure out what.

I can’t upload attachements, but i am running Civil3D 2022, Dynamo 2.10.1.214 and Civil3DToolKit 1.1.26

@jop478 thanks for reaching out, this is not an issue related to the toolkit but rather on a lack of understanding of the lacing strategy to apply. Please refer to the Dyno guide and try and understand the difference between Short, Longest, and Cross Product lacings. The forum is plenty of pointers for you to get acquainted with these basic concepts.

2 Likes

Thank you, i would never have thought of this problem.

I am encountering a new issue with the node MapFeature.SetPropertyByName.

The AutoUpdate option is on, but the table is not refreshed

@jop478 I need to see the Civil 3D Toolkit log…, please look in the thread and the forum, if you share it good things happen

1 Like

Autodesk_Civil3DToolkit2.txt (475.9 KB)

Looks like to be "EXCEPTION: Le cast spécifié n’est pas valide. "

You need to convert the integers into string before passing them as new values Impossible d’effectuer un cast d’un objet de type ‘System.Int64’ en type ‘System.String’ or vice versa. for good measure I’ll take a look in the code, so wait for the next update if it doesn’t resolve.

1 Like