Civil 3D Toolkit Feedback thread

Thanks @JacobSmall for the solution …in the forum at multiple location it says we can not trim the polycurve hope we can divert it to this now.

1 Like

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1, for some reason I am getting this error with the BlockReferenceExtensions.GetDynamicBlockReferences node. It persists whether the node has an input or not.

1 Like

Hi all,
I can not find how from AlignmentSubEntity Arc get Radius. Is there any workaround or tip how to get all Arc Radius from alignment?

1 Like

Hi, I don’t know if it is intended but the GetTKFeatureLines creates a Dictionary and therefore you cannot, for example, get the polycurves directly from its output :

1 Like

Hi, i’m not a Dynamo expert but that’s how i would do it :

6 Likes

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 ,

It’s great to see the progress so far!

Is there a node already to get access to User-Defined Properties?

I tried “ObjectExtensions.GetParameters” node, but they are not listed there.

If the node does not exist, I’d appreciate if you can point me in the direction of building the one.

As a workaround, I am currently exporting the data through CoGo point’s EditPoints panorama window data and reading it as a csv, which works, but not an ideal solution if any of the User-Defined property values are changing as well as the CoGo point location.

1 Like

Hello,
Reporting an issue I am having with the 1.1.8 patch. All 3 nodes that create solids from surfaces are pulling the same error to the same missing method.
Surface Error

1 Like

@mzjensen @keith.sowinski @raul.07.11 the call I’m using in the node is the same available in the API, I’m not preventing any values so to speak. Just keep in mind that what is exposed via API does not necessarily reflect what you can do in the UI.

2 Likes

@Ning_Zhou yes, it could be done. I’d propose a review though as there are a lot of redundant nodes in the BIM360/Forge section, fyi @safi.hage

1 Like

@Kulkul thanks for reporting it, it might have to do with the temp file name used to generate the solid representation of the network components, in principle it should clen after itself but somehow it doesn’t. I changed the logic to exclude this. In the mean time I’d recommend to clean your temp folder.

1 Like

@david_licona it is intended as the creation of the PolyCurves underlying the TkCorridorFeaturelines might be expensive, so you need to extract the code you really need. If you need them all, just extract the values of the dictionary, et voilat :wink:

1 Like

@clarsenCNDZF can you confirm which version of Civil 3D are you using?

1 Like

@ValentinB User Defined Properties are accessible via COM (look at the Parcels in the toolkit for example).
What are the objects you need these UDPs?

1 Like

@mzjensen thanks for reporting this, I’ve found a bug, I’ll fix it in the next release

2 Likes

Do you want me to delete all the files in %temp% folder?

1 Like

the SAT files, yes

1 Like

Cleaning %temp% folder fixed it. Thanks @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 for your support :+1:

4 Likes

Sorry for the nooby question, I have Civil 3D 2020 and what appears to be the latest version of Dynamo and the Civil 3D toolkit installed however my nodes are limited, am I missing something?

1 Like

Thanks for you reply @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1,

We are using User-Defined property sets for CoGo points representing Sign Faces on the layout drawing.

It allows us to have them shown and modifiable in the EditPoints panorama window as well as in the Point Table.

1 Like

3 Likes