Change Type Parameter Family with Dynamo

Hi everyone
Please I want to change the grid head family to a new one I have loaded into revit. Can someone kindly help me with how to do that with dynamo.

Thank you

You can use SetParameterByName node to change type. Here is an example of Section:

1 Like

Thank you very much @Kulkul. Please lemme try and give you the feedback.

Hey MaKarf, you can even write a script in such a way that it automatically loads the new grid family and replaces all the current ones with that new one! I’ll have some time on my hands from tomorrow so let me know if you want to know more about that

Hello @Daan, sorry for the late reply. I just got the details of your message late. Please I’m very interested in the python script. However I have a basic knowledge of it.
Please I’m looking forward to your feedback
Thank you

Hey MaKarf,

I totally missed your post on the forum, i am working right now till 5 pm. After that i’ll take a look at that for you :slight_smile:
(btw, python will not be needed for this)

Hey MaKarf, i wrote a small script for you using the Data-Shapes package.
(This package enabled me to make a nice interface for you to use :slight_smile: ,You will have to download this in your Dynamo.)

This is the script:

2020-04-09 Dynamo Script for MaKarf.dyn (42.3 KB)

If you have any questions or something similar let me know :slight_smile:

• Daan

(Small sidenote, this script is not fully automatic because that might create some problems when someone loads something in which does not need to be updated)

Thanks @Daan

Thank you very much for your time. I really appreciate it. Please I will give you feedback on whatever happens. Thanks once more

1 Like