Change parameter value only for selected ones

For example, if I have 100 identical columns modelled in Revit and I want to change a parameter value (like Mark) for only some of them, can I somehow select which columns I would like to change the value for? I have a script that changes the parameter value for all columns.

But I would like to be able to select only some of them. Kinda in the same way you select with the node “Select Model Element” which lets you select the model within Revit. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

You could filter by using Filter.ByBoolMask node to filter them by family names or Use archi-lab custom node List Selector to select:

1 Like

That’s a nice node! :slight_smile: But having a list like this doesn’t help me much because I have no idea which columns I’m choosing to filter. I need to find a way to know which columns I’m selecting. The ideal solution would be if there was a node like “Select Model Element” which lets you choose the column within the Revit Model.

Let’s imagine I have these 4 identical columns like this. I only want to change the parameter value for the columns that are marked green and leave the other ones unchanged. The script from above changes the value for all 4 columns. Can I somehow be able to pick only the ones that are marked green?

In that case select in revit and use springs.Collector.CurrentSelection node. It will add the filtered elements to your selection.

Wow this is exactly what I wanted. Thank you so much! :smiley:

The only problem I have is that I cant run the script more than once. I have to re-open the script every time I want to run it. It runs perfectly fine the first time and then nothing happens if I try to run it again.
It just stays like this after the first run.

Toggle the boolean Input:

Don’t forget to mark the post as solved.

1 Like

Or you can use dynamo player.

1 Like

Thanks!!!