Center point of tag

Hello everyone, please help me with this issue. I’m trying to retrieve the center point of a tag. I’ve attempted to do this by obtaining the center point of its bounding box (disabling the leader line). However, the result is not as expected. The point I intend to retrieve is the green point, but instead, I’m getting the red point. I’m not sure why this issue is occurring. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Can you explain to me why the center point of the bounding box of the tag is yielding a red point? I’m using a sample model from Revit.

1. You’re not pulling the center point, but the bounding box. This takes into account all geometry including the leaders and such. Instead try to pull the tag’s head position. Element.GetLocation+ from Clockwork can do this.

2. Your tag isn’t very well built - the text wants to be centered on those crosshairs typically, or perhaps left/right justified to the crosshairs. This may cause the GetLocation+ node to not return what you’re after, but bad data in will result in bad data out.

Thank you @jacob.small for your response.

1. I know that the Element.Location + node from Clockwork can retrieve the coordinates of the tag. However, it simply takes the intersection of 2 base planes (as shown in the figure) rather than the center point of the tag. As you said, some tags are not well created, which is why I have to use the bounding box to get the center point of the tag.
  2. The tag you see in the image is taken from the Duct Tag in the Sample System Project of Revit. Could you please help me understand why the center of the bounding box is so far off like that?

Bounding box is once again the wrong way to do this. ALL geometry is taken into account (even stuff you can’t see in the view). As such you have the option of fixing the tag so that the annotation is centered on the origin (best), or getting the vector from the origin (the intersection of the reference planes) to the annotation, and scaling that vector by the view scale, and moving the point from Location+ node by the scaled vector. This is extra work and an extra calculation to perform, but that’s the price for a messy tag.

There is geometry in that area - could be the size of the annotation’s crop box, an object not shown based on a property of the tag, a hidden leader, or a million other things. Without the RVT graph no one can say, and sadly I don’t have much time to troubleshoot it for you today. If you provide the RVT someone else might be able to, or I might be able to hop in later this week (no promises though).

About scaling the vector, could you explain it to me in more detail or give me an example of how to do it? I don’t know how to achieve that. I have attached the RVT and RFA files below. If you have free time, please help me to fix that issue. You can open the Mech 1 view to test. I appreciate a lot with your help.

M_Bottom Elevation Duct Tag.rfa (360 KB)
Test.rvt (4.5 MB)