Categories.getall

Hello
Anyone knows why i get this warning, haven’t even started scripting xD

also, is this a similar node like this one that gets all the modeling categories in the file?

The issue will most likely be with the under the hood changes to Dynamo using Int64 and Int32 types and updates to packages to handle the change.
Do you need all categories?
Have you tried the OOTB Categories node?
Is your package the current / correct one for your version of Revit?

1 Like

yeah where is that node from…if archilab keep in mind his åackage is version specific…mepover have one as well

Revit 2024, archi-lab 2024.217.1024, Dynamo 2.18.1 - Mine is the opposite issue
Code is here if you’re interested
Any thoughts @Konrad_K_Sobon ? Edit Problem sorted see below

Archi-lab version:

as for the OOTB categories, i need a modeling categories collector, this is why this node is perfect for me

Im using Revit 2022, with Dynamo 2.10

works like a charm, thank you

1 Like

hmmm im in 2024 v dyn 2.17.0 and the archilab package 2024.217.1024 and seems to work…strange

Here’s a python script to get all the model categories

import clr

import System

clr.AddReference("RevitServices")
from RevitServices.Persistence import DocumentManager

clr.AddReference("RevitAPI")
from Autodesk.Revit.DB import CategoryType

doc = DocumentManager.Instance.CurrentDBDocument

OUT = [
    c
    for c in doc.Settings.Categories
    if System.Enum.GetName(CategoryType, c.CategoryType) == "Model"
]
1 Like

Yeah, weird little blip - Mine is working now after a restart of Revit and Dynamo
Looks like the upgrade I did didn’t work with a Dynamo restart only

1 Like

i am using dynamo 2.18, after installed archi-lab.net 2024.217.1024 package, I still could not find the dynamo node dimension.style in my dynamo. I did see a message saying this package may conflict with my system but i just go ahead. please help if you want

Assuming you updated the package using Dynamo’s package manager you’ll have this issue. Once a library (the dll which makes up zero touch nodes) is loaded into an application’s context, it cannot be relinquished until the application is restarted as the file is in-use by windows. Because Dynamo is hosted by Revit, what Dynamo loads actually goes into Revit, not Dynamo.

2 Likes