Can't Uninstall Packages from my Dynamo Workspace

I have downloaded and installed many packages for my Dynamo workspace. However, several do not work the latest version (1.1). I would like to remove these from my workspace so I don’t keep picking ones that do not work, but I do not seemed able to do so. You can see in my image the ‘Uninstall’ option is grayed out.

Any thoughts why this would be or how I can remove installed packages?

Thanks!

That’s very odd. Are you able to remove from the appdata location? I believe it’s C:/Users/currentuser/appdata/roaming/Dynamo/1.1/dynamorevit/packages

are these packages installed to a readonly custom package directory?

I made the folder NOT ‘Read Only’ and still didn’t allow it to uninstall.
I went to the folder and delete that package which DID work.
When I reinstalled the ‘bad’ package, again, it wouldn’t let me uninstall from within the interface, while the ‘good’ packages would.

1 Like

Hi

I’m trying to uninstall an add on too.
When I click to uninstall it says ‘Dynamo and its host application must restart before uninstall takes effect’, than I click OK, than it says ‘Are you sure you want to uninstall Rhythm…?’ OK again.

After this, I restart Dynamo, Revit, my computer and it does not uninstall the package. The Packages Manager keep saying ‘pending uninstall’.

I checked the folder mentioned above and the package is not even there. I don’t know what is happening.

Any idea?

Hello,

I was facing the same issue with a couple of packages.
I noticed that those faulty package nodes were on my workspace marked in red. When I removed those nodes from the workspace, I was able to uninstall the packages.

Hope this would help anyone who wants to uninstall the packages within the interface instead of deleting from root directory.

Thanks,
Yash

and close all revit sessions otherwise it doesnt let you manually delete any packages in the dynamo folders “the action cannot be completed because the file is open…”

1 Like