Packages keep uninstalling -- How to prevent?

Revit 2016, Dynamo 1.0.0.1180. I install Lunchbox, restart Revit, Lunchbox is gone.

What could it be?

Bakery keeps uninstalling, too.

I can’t get the Bakery or Lunchbox packages to stay installed.

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling Dynamo and everything.

Anyone else having this happen after going to Dynamo 1.0?

Hello @truevis,

After installing the Package can you please check whether it is getting installed to correct path?
It should be on this location C:\Users\chandar\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\1.0

I can assist you to solve the problem after getting above details from you.

Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks,
Ritesh

Yes C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\1.0

After Revit + Dynamo restart packages get deleted. I suspect it’s because some dependency is still for version 0.9.x.

@truevis,

In any case it shouldn’t delete the package.
Can you try renaming your 0.9 package folder to something else and then do the same procedure what you were doing before.

• Ritesh

I’ve just resorted to copying the individual nodes into my Dynamo project folder. (I copied all the node folders to a separate folder before they got deleted again.)

It’s not a good workaround because some nodes had multiple layers of embedded custom nodes.

Dynamo seems to be doing some kind of automatic cleanup of packages on startup. Just try installing Bakery, then restart Revit. Do you still have everything?

Actually, on Startup Dynamo will do the Package migration only when there is no 1.0 folder on your machine.
In above scenario, it will copy all the packages from your earlier version of Dynamo and will be copied to 1.0 folder.

If you uninstall Dynamo manually then it will move the DynamoSettings.xml file from the app data folder and when you install it again, it will do the package migration on the first launch.

I need to know what it is the state of your machine when you are installing Dynamo 1.0.0 and when you are launching it?

Thanks,
Ritesh

Let’s take this to email. Perhaps it’s a Windows 10 thing(?)