Cant set (FamilyType) Parameter value

I am duplicating family types and trying to set the parameters using a excel sheet. It works for all the normal parameters (Dimensions, yes/no) but not for de Family Type Parameter.

The families in the red cirkel are the families i want as the parameter value in that order. In that order because the first family parameter should be put on the first family type and etc. The final node does not recognize the string list values.

Ive tried making a list of families, but then the final node only recognizes the first family in the list and puts that one on all 4 duplicates. Please help me… :x

what are you feeding in the parameterName input of de Element.SetParameterByName node?

send a complete overview, please

what is the error message?

Ive tried making a list of families, but then the final node only recognizes the first family in the list and puts that one on all 4 duplicates. Please help me… :x:

it sounds like Level problem
Have you already tried adjusting the levels? (L1)

Thanx for your reply @Nico_Stegeman . The ParameterName gets the name of the familytype parameter i want to change (converted to a string). I have tried the levels and it worked ! But … then another problem accured.

I get this (see below) warning when using the script. Does the script work for you when trying it with a FamilyTypeParameter ?

Verdi

Looking at that last image I wonder whether this is actually a Dynamo issue, have you tried to change the parameter within revit itself? If so: did that work?

i think paultus is right!
see the image
it is possible to set family type parameters

@Nico_Stegeman @PauLtus

Thanx for the reaction guys. The image u added also works for me @Nico_Stegeman , but that is just with lengths, names, numbers, etc. (image below)

I am trying to change a nested family in a mother family. I dont know input of your values are also all nested families.

The change works normally in Revit, but i will try to find out if the problem is in revit like you guys suggested.

Vikram_Subbaiah
May '16

If the nested family is Shared and listed in the Project Browser under Families then you should be able to access it using the Family Types node

Otherwise, you will first need to check Shared in Family Categories and Parameters (in the Create tab) in the relevant Family file and reload it into the project.